Do you like lawn decorations? if so, what kind?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I do not like lawn decorations at all, or at least not the sort of things I think of when you mention that phrase. Some of the things mentioned here are not what I consider lawn decorations, but garden items, like bird baths and stepping stones. Those items usually aren't prominently displayed in front a house like flamingos or lawn jockeys (ugh) and those huge inflatable things people put out during holidays.

Reaction score
I do not like lawn decorations at all, or at least not the sort of things I think of when you mention that phrase. Some of the things mentioned here are not what I consider lawn decorations, but garden items, like bird baths and stepping stones. Those items usually aren't prominently displayed in front a house like flamingos or lawn jockeys (ugh) and those huge inflatable things people put out during holidays.
I totally agree with you on that one! I don't mind simplicity in a yard. I love little things like garden flags, stepping stones and on occasion during the holidays a few holiday decorations. I must say though, I like the holiday decorations as long as they don't over stay their welcome.
When it comes to bright pink flamingos or huge statues that's a no go !!!
Danyel :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Same here:) I like very simple decorations too. In my opinion flowers and trees itself are beautiful enough. There is no need for colorful statues, flamingos and other weird things like this:eek:
I love bird baths, glass lanterns and mirrors.

Reaction score
The only decorations I really dig our the garden fountains, they are such a lovely addition to a yard. I have seen a lot of people put up those garden gnomes and I instantly think. "These people must be old."

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
@Danyel72 and @claudine, at times it can get really out of hand here. People buy those large inflatables - think giant snowglobe the size of a small car - and place them on the front lawn along with additional large inflatables. There is one house not far from me with a fenced in yard barely large enough to turn around in and every holiday... It's insane!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
I love simple and small lawn ornaments. Small statues and fountains are fine. My aunt has some of these in her garden, and they are all lovely. :) I wish that I can have the same, but I think that my dogs and cats will just break them after a day or two.

Reaction score
I wouldn't say my lawn is all grand however it does beautifies my home as i adorn it with various shades of flowering plants...sometime in the future i hope to build a gazebo as this is something i've always visioned from a tender age.

Reaction score
I like decorative bird baths. I love how they attract the neighborhood birds to come and cool off and get a drink. They are so much fun to watch. I especially get a kick out of the scrub jays. They are pretty bold birds, especially if they recognize you and they will hang out in the water at times and let you walk right past them if they recognize you are not a threat.

Reaction score
I've never really thought of decorating my lawn with a bird bath but now that i am thinking about it it does sounds appealing and i just knoe my kids would enjoy having one...this is an idea i might need to look in.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
A bird bath sounds like something every child would love. It's not only pretty, it's also interesting. Watching different species of birds that come to drink fresh water can be really entertaining:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I really like lawn decorations that are in good taste. Metal sculpted animals and planters. I really don't like the user colorful decorations that some people choose to put in their gardens. Garden art should enhance the look of your garden.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I had a neighbor who had a Snow White and the Seven Dwarves theme going for his garden and I thought it was the most charming thing in the world. The statues were crafted by a local artist and tastefully arranged in his garden with a small pond and bridge. The garden was surrounded by beautiful wrought iron fencing that enhanced the entire arrangement. I think that lawn decorations are one of those things where beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Some are tacky, others are tasteful and there's some who do it for comedic reasons.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Haha there are plenty of ugly decorations, but there are some that are okay....some lawn ornaments are cool, as well as some fountains and bird baths are tolerable as well. Nicely chosen decorations can be a great touch. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
This is something I really like:

cfaee59854e848d97e17875157703db4.jpg

il_340x270.556314336_m20s.jpg

Aren't these glass flowers lovely?:) I have a thing for glass ornaments, because most of them look very subtle and kind of magical:)

Reaction score
Country
United States
I personally dislike lawn ornaments. Most are cheesy and unnatural-looking. This especially goes for anything made of plastic (flamingos for example), any cartoon characters or signs, and wind chimes or other hanging items. An exception is a design that uses real rocks and has water running through it.

Ask a Question