Deditos?

Reaction score
I used to go to the garden section of department stores and they would always have little orphan succulents and cacti. Seeing these I remember collecting so many different types, I remember the jelly beans and the burros tails. Maybe I will add some since I am always having my cactus around and succulents are hearty and easy to grow as well.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Whenever I see little plants at a store, I always feel that I have to buy them, take care of them and make them grow beautifully. I've always felt very protective of plants:p. I remember that when I was a child I was fascinated with succulents and cacti. There were many different types of them in a garden store near my home too.

Reaction score
I hope everything will turn out the way you want it:) Tulips are pretty easy to grow, so even if you wouldn't be able to see them in the Netherlands, you still can plant a few of them wherever you want to:) Lately, I've been thinking of growing some indoors, it may look really lovely.

Yeah, planting tulips wouldn't be such a bad idea :) What colour would you like? I saw a picture of some of the most beautiful tulips I have ever seen in my entire life, I just love the colour!! Check them out:

dark_tulips_by_Dieffi.jpg

522271846_b90276082d.jpg

Those tulips are nearly black, don't you think?

Reaction score
I used to go to the garden section of department stores and they would always have little orphan succulents and cacti. Seeing these I remember collecting so many different types, I remember the jelly beans and the burros tails. Maybe I will add some since I am always having my cactus around and succulents are hearty and easy to grow as well.

Oh lol ''burro tails''!! I don'tb know if we are talking about the same succulent here, but I think we do... over here we know that succulent as ''orejas de burro, it looks like this:

cqs1215189540s.jpg

I had one of those when I was younger :) They look so lovely and charming :) I just love succulents in general!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Yeah, planting tulips wouldn't be such a bad idea :) What colour would you like? I saw a picture of some of the most beautiful tulips I have ever seen in my entire life, I just love the colour!! Check them out:

dark_tulips_by_Dieffi.jpg

522271846_b90276082d.jpg

Those tulips are nearly black, don't you think?

Those dark tulips are beautiful! I'm not sure yet what color should I choose, but I know that I would love to grow tulips indoors, in water, without soil. I don't know if I can do this during winter though.
Here is what I'm thinking about:

Indoor+Tulips.jpg

Reaction score
That's so beautiful, I had never seen the bulbs of the tulips until now :) They look a lot like the calla lily ones... Why do you want to do this in the water, why not soil? I'm just curious, I didn't even know this could be done. My boyfriend said tulips reproduce very easily, like ''potatoes'' he said, lol.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I don't have anything against growing tulips in soil, I just think that it will be nice and exciting to try something new:) Also, I find bulbs and roots quite pretty. For sure it's a unique decoration:D
Has your boyfriend tried growing tulips? If yes, could you ask him if it's possible to grow them indoors during winter? I worry that maybe they have to go dormant.

Reaction score
Hi Clau! I will surely ask him the next time I see him, he can ask his dad, lol. Because he isn't so good at gardening... he's not good at so many things, but his dad is a true expert at gardening :) He planted a lot tulips in their garden, plus many other plants and worked for the council as a professional gardener.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
It would be great if you could ask him, thank you:) It must be so nice to be a professional gardener! It really is a dream job. I would love to do it. Working in a garden and earning money at the same time sounds like a perfect combination:)

Reaction score
Yeah, I wonder how he managed to land that job? He planted most of the trees you can see in the public zones in Blokker. It's amazing :)
I haven't seen or spoken to my boyfriend yet, but I will ask as soon as I see him :)

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi all! It's me again... been a while since the last time I come to this section ;) Today I want to show you a plant we all know as ''deditos'', that's the only way we know it actually. I'm 100% sure this plant is a succulent. Please take a look:

sedum-pachyphyllum-2.jpg
Green Jellybeans (Sedum pachyphyllum), also known as Deditos, in the Stonecrop Family (Crassulaceae) and native to the Mexican states of Oaxaca and Puebla.

Sedum pachyphyllum and Sedum stahlii are the parents of the famous hybrid, Sedum x rubrotinctum, among the most widely grown of ornamental succulents. It is commonly known as Red & Green Jellybeans, Pork & Beans, and Christmas Cheer, as cool Winter weather often causes the leaves to become much redder.
Like both of its parents, Sedum x rubrotinctum is also graced with festive yellow flowers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranTastic

Latest Threads