Deditos?

Reaction score
Hey Gata! As usualy you are full of really useful info :D I hope this plant does well in the Netherlands ;) I want one more than ever, those flowers are just beautiful! I'd be growing mine mostly outdoors :) Not sure how well they will do, since the Netherlands are known for having really nasty storm seasons :( So let's up my succulents do well ;)

Reaction score
I once overwatered my cactus, I thought that it needs as much water as other plants, haha:p
Working at a plant market sounds wonderful!:D I would love to do it too. As for Amsterdam, I've never been there, but from what I've seen in pictures, it looks almost like Venice and it's a beautiful city:D

Yeah, I'm super nerviour :p I'll be meeting my future in laws :X3::eek: G-d help me! LOL! Ah well, we might end up living so close to them, I hope this still want to give their son dinner after he marries me :p My future sis in law takes her boyfriend of 10 years there every day for dinner ;)

Ow, don't worry, we all make big mistakes with succulents when we are just started ;) I killed a few innocent cacti in the past :cry::whistle:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I think that cacti in general are rather easy to kill, especially if you are very enthusiastic about watering them, lol:p
Meeting in laws can be very scary, I know. I still haven't met some members of my boyfriend's family, but I know that it will happen soon or later:confused:
I hope that your future mother in law is really good at cooking;):D

Reaction score
:confused: Trellum you confused me, but the I'm easily confused these days :D

When you asked about how this little Sedum would grow indoors - thought you meant, that you wanted to grow yours indoors, but think, as you are planning to grow yours in Holland, it might be an idea to grow it inside, especially as the Winters can be very cold there and by 'stormy' I think you meant it rains a lot, which it does, and that wouldn't do it much good either :D

Although saying that, if you were to try growing it outside - and had a sheltered area where it didn't get rained on too much, that might be okay, but unless the Winter temperatures have changed since I was last there, the next problem would be the cold, and this little plant will not survive in temperatures below -4 C

Think growing it in a pot would be the best idea, that way it could grow outside in the Summer and then come inside during the Winter months :)

Reaction score
Ow sorry about that! But by outdoors I meant in a pot :p I don't plan to grow a garden too soon or use the soil to plant things. Was planning to do what I've always done back home: growing things in pots keeping them outside during the summer and getting them in during this time of the year ;) By stormy I meant nasty storms. In the north of Holland is common to see mini tornados during this time of the year (n) Lots wind... there was an incident on sunday I think! Some destruction here and there. I guess it must be because all those canals all around the place!! The humidity levels during the summer must be impressive :LOL:

Reaction score
I think that cacti in general are rather easy to kill, especially if you are very enthusiastic about watering them, lol:p
Meeting in laws can be very scary, I know. I still haven't met some members of my boyfriend's family, but I know that it will happen soon or later:confused:
I hope that your future mother in law is really good at cooking;):D

Meh, she's dutch, so I don't have very high expectations regarding to food. As long as they don't make eat raw herring I'll be good :) To be very honest with you, I've read and seen pictures of dutch food and it doesn't sound that appealing, but I'll do my best by going there with an open mind ;) Have you met your boyfriend's parents? This is the first time I met a boyfriend's parents :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Meh, she's dutch, so I don't have very high expectations regarding to food. As long as they don't make eat raw herring I'll be good :) To be very honest with you, I've read and seen pictures of dutch food and it doesn't sound that appealing, but I'll do my best by going there with an open mind ;) Have you met your boyfriend's parents? This is the first time I met a boyfriend's parents :)

I've never eaten any dutch food, but I must say that a raw herring doesn't sound too good:p
Yes, I met my boyfriend's parents. He still lives with them, so I see them quite often. I love his father, he is always very nice to me and so friendly. As for the mother, I feel that we are completely different people:p I don't feel comfortable spending time with her because she scares me:confused:. Fortunately, neither my boyfriend nor I are close to our families.

Reaction score
Ow sorry about that! But by outdoors I meant in a pot :p I don't plan to grow a garden too soon or use the soil to plant things. Was planning to do what I've always done back home: growing things in pots keeping them outside during the summer and getting them in during this time of the year ;) By stormy I meant nasty storms. In the north of Holland is common to see mini tornados during this time of the year (n) Lots wind... there was an incident on sunday I think! Some destruction here and there. I guess it must be because all those canals all around the place!! The humidity levels during the summer must be impressive :LOL:

Ah yes mini tornadoes, normally they really are very minor and nothing to worry about,:) I think we have stronger ones here all year round, than the ones they get in Holland :p
I don't think your Sedum would be be affected by the mini tornadoes, unless of course you accidentally left it outside in an exposed area, that just happened to be in the path of the mini tornado :D but I forgot about the humidity aspect, I'd totally forgotten, that you were going to somewhere near Amsterdam - and of course its not just the canals, but altogether, there is a whole lot of water around that area - all year round, which as no succulent plant likes prolonged humidity, may be a bit of a problem for this little Sedum.

Reaction score
Aw, it might be a problem for myself too :( I dislike humidity so badly :( I'll still give it a go :) I love succulents, so I'll give it a try! Did you hear about the strong storm that affected mostly the north of Holland? A lot trees fell, and I think one or 3 persons died :( Plus it seems the place where I'll be living is at risk of flooding :s

Reaction score
I've never eaten any dutch food, but I must say that a raw herring doesn't sound too good:p
Yes, I met my boyfriend's parents. He still lives with them, so I see them quite often. I love his father, he is always very nice to me and so friendly. As for the mother, I feel that we are completely different people:p I don't feel comfortable spending time with her because she scares me:confused:. Fortunately, neither my boyfriend nor I are close to our families.

You are soooooo lucky!!!! My boyfriend seems to be one with his parents and sister, lol. His sister has the wrong idea of me, so this will be really awkward. I hope he appreciates what I'm doing for him, becuaae I've been sick for almost 3 years now and I don't feel like meeting his family right now :( As for the dutch food... don't worry, you're not missing a lot!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
You are soooooo lucky!!!! My boyfriend seems to be one with his parents and sister, lol. His sister has the wrong idea of me, so this will be really awkward. I hope he appreciates what I'm doing for him, becuaae I've been sick for almost 3 years now and I don't feel like meeting his family right now :( As for the dutch food... don't worry, you're not missing a lot!
Don't worry, I'm sure they'll love you! After all, they want him to be happy and you are the person that makes him happy:) But yes, it's always easier to be in a relationship with somebody who isn't too close to his parents nor siblings. In general, I'm not a big fan of family life. But of course it all dependson a family.

Reaction score
I hope so Claudine :) I do make their son happy (he told me), he has even talked about getting married, but I don't plan to sit and wait for that, hehehe! I will just do my best, but it's a pitty most of the things in the garden will be dead... no tulips for me :(

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
But they will be dead only during winter, right? You'll get lots and lots of tulips the next year:) After all, Holland is famous for its tulips. I've always dreamed of seeing a tulip field, it must be wonderful:D

Reaction score
Yeah, the tulips are usually dormant during winter, but the bad news is the fact I'm not sure when I'll be going back to the Netherlands. Maaaany months can pass before I ever go back, and if I do it might be during winter :( So... we will see if a field filled with tulips is in my destiny :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I hope everything will turn out the way you want it:) Tulips are pretty easy to grow, so even if you wouldn't be able to see them in the Netherlands, you still can plant a few of them wherever you want to:) Lately, I've been thinking of growing some indoors, it may look really lovely.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jyoslens01

Latest Threads