Curb appeal help

Reaction score
Country
United States
In the North East, looking for some curb appeal help. The lower yard is on a gradient.. It's hard to water although I do have some soaker hoses. Looking for plants and flowers but have not had much success in recent years. There are some bushes that i would love to rip out but need some vision first. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• garden 1.jpg
    garden 1.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 146
  • garden 2.jpg
    garden 2.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 163
Reaction score
Country
United States
Some plants that work well on slopes.........Burning Bush. Fragrant Sumac. Japanese Yew, California Lilac, Creeping Juniper, Dwarf Forsythia, Snowberry, Siberian Carpet Cypress.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
JC, I assume you are selling your home, hence the "curb appeal." I'd suggest leaving the shrubs that are there and simply covering the area with a hardy ground cover such as English Ivy. Most home buyers don't want a high maintenance yard and those that do garden would prefer to put in the plants they want.
Good luck!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes there are many ground cover that would work too. Deep-rooted plants, such as prairie plants, hold their own on even the steepest slope. Ornamental grasses, ground cover roses and shrubs (including shrub roses with a sprawling growth habit) work well in hillside and slope planting. Native plants are nearly always an excellent choice.

Ask a Question