Crab grass is taking over my yard.

Reaction score
Should I dig up all the crab grass to get rid of it. I was thinking I could get it under control by picking small patches and planting seeds of a good grass to choke it out. I was very wrong. The crab grass is winning. I was told if you don't choke it out or get the roots three feet down it will just come back.

Is it time to make peace with the prickly grass or is there a way to deal with it?

Reaction score
There are fertilizers that have crab grass preventer in them. I have mine done every spring and never get crab grass.

scotts_halts_crabgrass_preventer_std.jpg

Reaction score
I have bought things in the past that were supposed to make crabgrass not spread but I have never heard of anything that will kill it. I am willing to try anything at this point so my grass can thrive. Thank you. I will go find this and see how it works.
Crabgrass is such a pain to deal with. Looking back I wish I would have dug it out 12 years ago when we first moved in to our home and started new seed then. Its been a losing battle ever since.

Ask a Question