Classmates

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I have succeeded in getting together classmates after several years of our last day at school. It is now a routine to organise meets at different places. We were 33 and I have managed to meet almost all of them. Here is a poem I have written with classmates in mind

ladyhillschool3.jpg

SCHOOL TIMES

Destiny takes us we know not where

But we carry our memories there

School times, classmates loads of fun

Exams done accolades won.

Driving teachers round the bend

Teasing, jeering it had no end

“Stand on the bench” they’d scream away

But from them we would run away

Lunch time spent in running around

In the baking sun till the ball was found

The recess over, back to the class

Striving for those marks to pass

Some were always upto pranks

Competing for those tempting ranks

Pushing prodding to come out first

If one failed the tears would burst

Classmates are a wonderful gift

Try your best stop the drift

Teachers, masters ever so kind

Tough it was to leave them behind

So many years of endless joy

Fun and frolic boy oh boy!

Dramas, rehearsals, singing galore

I wish those years were here once more

Reaction score
Beautiful poem :) I hold some good and bad memories from school, specially good from elementary school, not so good from junior high or high, but ok from uni. If I look back, well, those must have been the best years of my life... no worries other than passing exams.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Beautiful poem :) I hold some good and bad memories from school, specially good from elementary school, not so good from junior high or high, but ok from uni. If I look back, well, those must have been the best years of my life... no worries other than passing exams.

My school life was great but not so college life There so many from other schools which were considered 'superior' - my foot (lol) made us feel inferior Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr (lol)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
I'm glad school was enjoyable for you.

I absolutely hated high school. Back in my day, they would skip grades or combine two in one. They did both to me and when I entered high school I was the queen of nerds and 12.

I keep getting invited to reunions but decline. I still remember how mean the girls were. I did love gymnastics though. Got regional medals for vaulting and uneven bars. Was also a good little sprinter. ahh, yes, that part was fun.

thanks for bringing up this subject!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I'm glad school was enjoyable for you.

I absolutely hated high school. Back in my day, they would skip grades or combine two in one. They did both to me and when I entered high school I was the queen of nerds and 12.

I keep getting invited to reunions but decline. I still remember how mean the girls were. I did love gymnastics though. Got regional medals for vaulting and uneven bars. Was also a good little sprinter. ahh, yes, that part was fun.

thanks for bringing up this subject!

I did not much like college days. I was getting so much importance while at school and here I missed it all (lol) I was the one who started getting classmates togethere and it still continues. We have reunions and I do attend but not all.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I really did not like high school either. I was not an outcast, but I was also not the most popular person in the world and I always got teased and picked on for being so short. I went to a high school reunion a few years ago and was not impressed at all. I will not go to another one.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I really did not like high school either. I was not an outcast, but I was also not the most popular person in the world and I always got teased and picked on for being so short. I went to a high school reunion a few years ago and was not impressed at all. I will not go to another one.
I did not care for college as I was totally ignored there compared to school life where I got a lot of importance :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
College for me was ok and I made a lot of friends there. We all lost touch, but it was fun while it lasted. I never lived on campus, so I am sure I missed out on some fun opportunities that many college students get as far as social life is concerned.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
With a sharp stick and a shotgun you could not get me to go to a high school reunion! College, on the other hand, was a different and totally wonderful experience. There were so many new ideas, classes that interested me, and campus activities that were interesting. A whole new world opened up, and I took advantage of every bit that I could.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Being a current high school student, I can only imagine what a reunion will be like. I have made dozens of friends at this school, and to see where they all end up later on in life would be a wonderful experience. At parties and get togethers, we all talk about our futures and wonder what is going to become of us 10, 20 years down the road. I am excited to go through life and see what it has to offer, while also keeping in touch with the friends I will be leaving behind as I go to college.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Also did not like high school. Counted the days I was out, graduated and making some money. Some of the kids were nice, some were not, but that is par for the course. Had friends outside of high school that I hung with. And a few from high school. BUT, loved college, when I finally decided I wanted to go which was about age 21. Anyway, made better grades in college than high school, hummm, maybe that was the issue, the high school teachers could not teach. Anyway, have had a few reunions under my belt. The last one I did not attend because they chose some dive bar to go to. Just did not want to drive 8 hours, stay couple nights in a hotel to go to some dive bar. So did not. This year it we should have another one, no one is talking about it yet. Keep track of some classmates on my facebook.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
The last reunion was our 50th and it was my last one, there was only 6 of us there, all I could think of was what happen to these people I went to school with there age is showing and their not like we were in school, most of us grew up together. I guess time has a way of changing people. But I did enjoy my school years and collage was a bore to me but I did make it thru it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
As far as College, I had to work while going. Had a full -time job on the overnight in a Psychiatric Hospital . So got to study while working, and they paid 70% of my college bill if I made a C or better (good). It was no social life though. Work, run to class, catch some ZZZ's. etc. But made it. So, no time "hanging" with college kids. And got on the Dean list, moved into the advance classes etc.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Your poem was absolutely riveting! It's good to look back and remember the good times we've had in the past, and I'm glad this is something you could share with not only us, but other people in your life. Fantastic! :D

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Your poem was absolutely riveting! It's good to look back and remember the good times we've had in the past, and I'm glad this is something you could share with not only us, but other people in your life. Fantastic! :D
Thanks for your appreciation.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nbryant1

Latest Threads