Capsicum annuum var. glabriusculum growth advice

leyequois

Noob Gardener
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b? (Mexico City)
Country
Mexico
So, as I said in my intro, I got a pepper from my late granny's garden and planted it in a pot, while it was in a small plastic one it came out fine, if slow, took about 2 months to get the real leaves and once they grew I moved it to a bigger planter

It has been almost 2 more months since I moved it to the planter and it has not growth more than that little leaf on top; now, it is not withering, it is not changing color, I water it every second day, it is Ground Sheet, and I have it by a window, though the past month it has been mostly cloudy

Will it not grow until winter is done? Am I doing something wrong? I was thinking on getting some worm humus but I thought of asking first
120203313_10159170832368109_6261047894729745483_o.jpg

Thanks for your advice :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
What do you mean by ground sheet? What are you feeding the plant with? The color of the plant isn't what it should be although it is not bad. It looks to me as if it isn't being fed. Worm castings are great but probably doesn't have all the needed trace minerals peppers need. A good organic liquid fertilizer would be better at this time.

I see a lot of brown uncomposted leaves in your soil. These leaves subtract from the available nitrogen in your soil. If you add a little molasses the next time you water it will speed up the decomposition of these leaves and make what nutrients that are in the soil more available to the plant.

Last edited:

leyequois

Noob Gardener
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b? (Mexico City)
Country
Mexico
The ground I put it in is that ground mixed with dried leaves and little pebbles and such, I could not find the technical name in english.

I will take your advice and buy a liquid fertilizer and molasses so that those leaves decompose, thanks a lot for the info, I will update in a while on changes to the pepper

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
The ground I put it in is that ground mixed with dried leaves and little pebbles and such, I could not find the technical name in english.

I will take your advice and buy a liquid fertilizer and molasses so that those leaves decompose, thanks a lot for the info, I will update in a while on changes to the pepper
Normal native soil/dirt doesn't have enough nutrients to sustain vegetable plants which are much heavier feeders than what grows naturally. If you can, get both an organic liquid fertilizer and worm castings or a good compost plus molasses.

Ask a Question