Calling our cooks!! What to do with too many tortillas?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
MaryMary, I have no idea why the hole in the middle of a tortilla makes it more "flingable" to feed ducks. There are many things in this world that mystify meo_O.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
@Chuck
laughing girl1.gif

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA 10a - Sunset 22
Country
United States
Making chips will use lots, two of us can eat a dozen tortillas worth of chips and make your own salsa to go with. When we deep fry our tortillas for taco's we almost always make a double batch as you can freeze them, just the tortilla and filling. Wrap them in foil and then put in ziplock. Time to eat them, out of zip lock, into oven at about 325 for about 25 minutes and while not the same as fresh, just as tastey. Kind of like left over pizza, not same as fresh, but oh boy it can be good.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I bought some corn tortias a couple of weeks ago. I had all intentions to make them into roll ups with a good filling. Then top with cheese and sauce. I winded up making a layered casserole out of them because rolling them was too hard as they were breaking on the edges. So it was kind of like a lasagna except I used a taco filling, colby jack cheese, and taco sauce. It was a really good casserole bake. With the flour tortias I am sure you could layer them with various fillings and make a casserole. Also, you could freeze them in the packages. I like the idea of sharing them with people or animals too.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
When I was active duty, spent a lot of it in Texas. Sunday Barbacoa, I would hurt myself eating to much. No better use for a tortilla then a proper Texas Barbacoa.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
When I was active duty, spent a lot of it in Texas. Sunday Barbacoa, I would hurt myself eating to much. No better use for a tortilla then a proper Texas Barbacoa.

I have never seen beef cheeks for sale. There is a store that caters to a south american clientel that I will go visit and see. That looks good!

Ask a Question