Bug identification (a soil mite?)

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hello, does anybody know for sure what is this little bug?
It is orange/brown, looks like a spider, the body is around 1 or 1,5mm (0.039 inch).
It is fast like an ant and lives in the soil of my a bit rotten chives (indoor 15cm (8 inch) container).
It could be some sort of soil mite but I can't find it on internet.
It's definitely a very visible bug. Doesn't invade the leafs of the chives, it stays in the soil or running around the container.
It's breading very fast so now it's frequently running away from the pot which is annoying.

Attachments

• bug1.jpeg
    bug1.jpeg
    48.3 KB · Views: 15
  • bug2.jpeg
    bug2.jpeg
    50.2 KB · Views: 17
  • bug3.jpeg
    bug3.jpeg
    104.9 KB · Views: 18
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello, does anybody know for sure what is this little bug?
It is orange/brown, looks like a spider, the body is around 1 or 1,5mm (0.039 inch).
It is fast like an ant and lives in the soil of my a bit rotten chives (indoor 15cm (8 inch) container).
It could be some sort of soil mite but I can't find it on internet.
It's definitely a very visible bug. Doesn't invade the leafs of the chives, it stays in the soil or running around the container.
It's breading very fast so now it's frequently running away from the pot which is annoying.
Yes, it appears to be a soil mite.. They are beneficial to the soil and cause no harm to plants.

Ask a Question