Broccolli Raab seed harvesting

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey, I was hoping someone had experience with broccolli raabs lifecycle because I can't see to find any information on how to collect seeds from broccolli raab.

I have a couple brocolli raabs that started bolting, and since they are relatively isolated I wanted to have them produce seeds for me to use later on.
The yellow flowers started blooming and it looks like they are past edible. I like this variety and would like to replant them.

Does anyone have experience with this situation?
Thank you.

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
I had to look that one up...tastes like turnips. I love turnips so I ordered some seeds from Amazon to plant next fall.

Thank you for posting and sorry I don't have direct experience with it...but I would just continue to let it go and you should get some seeds.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thank you for taking the time to respond. Since I don't know their lifecycle I think i'll let them go and see what happens. Hopefully I do get seeds.

If you ever get a chance to try it, i'd recommend. You pick the leaves, not the bulbs, and I like to saute them in olive oil.

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
Ordered some seeds off Amazon and will give it a try next fall...and I bet you will get seeds from yours soon.

Ask a Question