Broccolli Raab seed harvesting

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey, I was hoping someone had experience with broccolli raabs lifecycle because I can't see to find any information on how to collect seeds from broccolli raab.

I have a couple brocolli raabs that started bolting, and since they are relatively isolated I wanted to have them produce seeds for me to use later on.
The yellow flowers started blooming and it looks like they are past edible. I like this variety and would like to replant them.

Does anyone have experience with this situation?
Thank you.

Ad

Advertisements

Meadowlark

Gardner, Angler, Adjunct Professor, and Rancher
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I had to look that one up...tastes like turnips. I love turnips so I ordered some seeds from Amazon to plant next fall.

Thank you for posting and sorry I don't have direct experience with it...but I would just continue to let it go and you should get some seeds.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thank you for taking the time to respond. Since I don't know their lifecycle I think i'll let them go and see what happens. Hopefully I do get seeds.

If you ever get a chance to try it, i'd recommend. You pick the leaves, not the bulbs, and I like to saute them in olive oil.

Ad

Advertisements

Meadowlark

Gardner, Angler, Adjunct Professor, and Rancher
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Ordered some seeds off Amazon and will give it a try next fall...and I bet you will get seeds from yours soon.

Ask a Question