Bell Peppers Turning Black?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
We buy them from two local greenhouses. I was going to buy a pack of seeds this year instead of buying already started plants. Hopefully that would work.
Have you ever started peppers or tomatoes from seed? Did you use the same soil?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Have you ever started peppers or tomatoes from seed? Did you use the same soil?
I have never done peppers, but I have been successful with tomatoes from seed. Whenever we start tomatoes from seed inside they take off like crazy and by time its warm enough to put them outside they're giant

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I have never done peppers, but I have been successful with tomatoes from seed. Whenever we start tomatoes from seed inside they take off like crazy and by time its warm enough to put them outside they're giant
When do you plant the seeds to get large plants. Peppers a a little different

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I'm going to plant both
On the hot peppers plant the seed 2 weeks before the tomato seeds. On the sweet peppers plant 4 weeks before the tomatoes and set out the transplants as soon as possible after danger of frost is over and the soil can be easily worked. On hot peppers set out transplants when soil temp is warm usually about 2 weeks after the tomatoes have been transplanted

Ask a Question