Basil Growing Problem

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I have a fish pool, is the "dirt" from the filter will be good? How to use it ?

I can also make grass cuts in water, i have read it should be helpful too, what do you think?

Another questionif i may, how is it that specificly my basil is in such a need/lack of nitrogen. My other plants are good. Last year was good. What is it this time?
Putting grass clippings into water will just make a slimy mess but it can be used this way. It is not very effective though. Other plants such as comfrey and nettles make an excellent tea. Grass clippings make an excellent soil amendment though. Put all of your grass clippings into a pile outside somewhere and let them decompose and then use this material either incorporated into the soil or on the surface of the soil. This will add small amounts of nitrogen. All plants are different in the amount of nutrients that they need. Even plants of the same species have different needs. In gardening one cannot assume that what happened last year will be exactly what will happen this year. There are just too many variables involved to make this assumption. It could be the temperatures, it could be the soil, it could be the seeds, it could be just about anything. But what you need for your basil is nitrogen

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Thanks again Chuck, i will try all of what we discussed. Your detaiped answers are helpful and Much appriciated.

Ask a Question