asphalt paving

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
Did you know that you can use asphalt paving used for road construction in your garden to emphasize edges and boundaries? Asphalt pavements in your garden also help to outline paths, thus protecting your plants from damage caused by wandering feet.
Now you are in the know!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I have concrete and gravel paths that make walking around easy. Even Preiti our pet knows she has to only walk on those.

full view1.jpg

This leads to the house

path.jpg

These paths meander through the entire garden.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Asphalt has some strong chemicals that will leach out into the ground and may affect plants. One of the main components is crude petroleum...I don't think that would do your plants much good.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
11b
Country
Brazil
Asphalt has some strong chemicals that will leach out into the ground and may affect plants. One of the main components is crude petroleum...I don't think that would do your plants much good.
Good point.

Even Preiti our pet knows she has to only walk on those.
Haha, I am pretty sure my dog would spend most of his time going deep into the vegetation... I think he likes to hunt and explore. :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Good point.

Haha, I am pretty sure my dog would spend most of his time going deep into the vegetation... I think he likes to hunt and explore. :ROFLMAO:
Right from the time she was a pup we trained her not to trample on plants.In fact all our earlier pets behaved well too :).

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I would worry about chemicals in asphalt. Also, I think that stone paths look more natural and it's cheaper to make them.
Grouie - I wish my dog was so well-trained! Unfortunately, he doesn't listen to anyone;)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I would worry about chemicals in asphalt. Also, I think that stone paths look more natural and it's cheaper to make them.
Grouie - I wish my dog was so well-trained! Unfortunately, he doesn't listen to anyone;)
She is an asset around. There are so many things I could talk about this little girl. She is indispensable to me.

Ask a Question