Armadillo Invasion

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
No it isn't Chuck, but Badger road kill here generally makes such a mess of the animal it wouldn't be worth bothering with. So it tastes like pork - or would that be Armadillo? :D The link also states that it also compares to bear meat. Hmmm, I'll have to pass on that, they became extinct here circa 500BC.

I've just found this link....

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/badgers-protection-surveys-and-licences
Wow! With all those rules and regs Badgers must be very tasty indeed. And just think how tasty English bears must have been to be all eaten up centuries ago. I don't think armadillos or possums can compare with badgers or bears in the taste department, otherwish there wouldn't be so many of them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
When the UK government 'protects' something it tends to be very thorough. Badger setts are generally well hidden and those that know where they are tend to keep quiet about their locations. There are two setts within a short walking distance of where I live, I don't know where they are yet but I've seen badgers in my garden and have the evidence of their visits. They can be very destructive when looking for food.

I don't think I could eat a bear, they look so cute! :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
When the UK government 'protects' something it tends to be very thorough. Badger setts are generally well hidden and those that know where they are tend to keep quiet about their locations. There are two setts within a short walking distance of where I live, I don't know where they are yet but I've seen badgers in my garden and have the evidence of their visits. They can be very destructive when looking for food.

I don't think I could eat a bear, they look so cute! :)
Bear is as greasy as the poorest cuts of cartlidge meat, wanky, and generally gross. Perhaps the bear I ate had eaten a leftist, but regardless, I shall not eat another.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
That's another good reason for not eating bear! You'll be sticking with the Armadillo then? :D
All the bears in Texas were eaten long long ago. Now we are stuck (blessed) with squirrels, possums, coons and armadillos.

Last edited:

Ask a Question