anyone order from Fast Growing Trees?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Fastgrowingtrees.com has the apple trees I've been looking for and a decent sale going on. The review looks pretty good but wondering if anyone has any first hand experience with them?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I'm not a fan of delivering plants especially since you get something smaller than what you would get in a greenhouse. They say "fast growing" but how can you really prove that right or wrong. If you get a tree at a greenhouse for say 100 dollars you are getting a much older tree. I actually compared this by planting maples that have sprouted in my yard and its been a little over 5 years and they are no where near the size of the maples we have at the store I work at. If patience is your thing than go ahead. However I must say watching the growth every year is pretty cool.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
looking at dwarf/patio apple trees since I do not have a ton of space and do not need huge crops. Have never been able to find what I'm looking for locally

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
In that case order them since you aren't looking for large trees. Although I'm kinda surprised a store around you doesn't carry them; they're super popular.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3b
Country
United States
I'm not a fan of delivering plants especially since you get something smaller than what you would get in a greenhouse. They say "fast growing" but how can you really prove that right or wrong. If you get a tree at a greenhouse for say 100 dollars you are getting a much older tree. I actually compared this by planting maples that have sprouted in my yard and its been a little over 5 years and they are no where near the size of the maples we have at the store I work at. If patience is your thing than go ahead. However I must say watching the growth every year is pretty cool.
i agree store bought trees are usually bigger but I'm my area there are few nurseries and they are small so they don't have much for selection. if you buy online and order larger trees you will get what you want and so far I've had good luck! some good ones are fedco, one green world., gurneys, burpees, and raintree nursery. all I've ordered from w/ no problems. no experience w/ fast growing trees but w/ a name like that it makes me a little leary. I've looked thru their site and not all their tress are fast growing. they claim canadian hemlock as fast. i can tell you they are very slow. they're native around here. good luck!

Ask a Question