Altered Images

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Not the 1980's pop group but a graph I saw on AOL a few weeks ago.

It seems very much designed to scare the living crap out of you to make you believe there's some sort of climate emergency when there really isn't :rolleyes:

Draft 7.jpg

I've used their data, changed their scale on the left hand side to degrees instead of their tenths of a degree and taken away their ridiculous oranges and reds. I think they only put these on for dramatic effect as there is no reason for them whatsoever.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We learned that method of chart exaggeration way back in middle school. Even though the first chart is 10ths, it makes it look like double the temps because they cut off the bottom of the chart which you put back on in your image.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
We learned that method of chart exaggeration way back in middle school. Even though the first chart is 10ths, it makes it look like double the temps because they cut off the bottom of the chart which you put back on in your image.

Thank you YumYum :)

It annoyed me that they were using middle school tactics to scare people. If I had presented that graph to my teacher in Secondary School I would have been given a detention for falsifying results.

I also wondered where they are now measuring temperatures from, it used to be a thermometer in a ventilated box in the shade.

Not anymore...

About one half of all land surface temperature measurements used to show global warming and promote the command-and-control Net Zero agenda are taken near or adjacent to airport runways. This amazing fact from research by Professor Ross McKitrick casts further serious doubt on the validity of three major global temperature datasets, including the one compiled by the Met Office, which continue to show higher global temperatures compared with other reliable measurements made by satellites and meteorological balloons.
Source - https://dailysceptic.org/2022/07/15...port-runways-with-hot-jet-engines-and-tarmac/

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If only more people were able to see through the dreadful scam that is climate change! It is just a way to control us all and rob us of our money and freedom.
The hypocrites who think they will impose all this rubbish on mankind will eventually pay a price for their lies and impositions.
The earth temperature has always fluctuated, and it has nothing to do with us, or cows farting.
The video is concise, it will only take 5 minutes of your time. It is well worth looking at.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That happens on just about every graph I see no matter what it is talking about. The first thing I look at is where the data numbers start and end at on the side (X,Y). Even the "covid" numbers where displayed in such a manner that it looked like a mad dash to the graveyard.

Abraham Lincoln (I think) said you can fool some of the people all of the time but you can't fool all of the people some of the time.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Exactly YumYum.

The worrying thing is that this data is being misrepresented by the very "people" that we elected to run our countries :cautious:

Instead of running the place like they're paid to do, they've invented new agendas that they are actually lying about to the very people that elected them in the first place.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Not the 1980's pop group but a graph I saw on AOL a few weeks ago.

It seems very much designed to scare the living crap out of you to make you believe there's some sort of climate emergency when there really isn't :rolleyes:

View attachment 101267
I've used their data, changed their scale on the left hand side to degrees instead of their tenths of a degree and taken away their ridiculous oranges and reds. I think they only put these on for dramatic effect as there is no reason for them whatsoever.
It's only a climate emergency if you care what happens in 50 or 100 years. Or is already happening to plants and animals around the world. But you don't care.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
It's only a climate emergency if you care what happens in 50 or 100 years. Or is already happening to plants and animals around the world. But you don't care.

Caring about something doesn't make it a climate emergency any more than not caring. If it really was a climate emergency then it would happen regardless. The point is that a 1.5 degree rise in temperature over 80 years doesn't constitute an emergency. It's not a reason to bankrupt all the western nations and put everyone in poverty.

If it were an emergency then China wouldn't have 1,142 coal powered power stations while we are closing all ours down.

We buy most of our so called green technology from China, and then try to kid ourselves that we're doing good for the planet by buying stuff produced with coal that is powered by batteries produced by raping the Atacama desert for the Lithium.

How dare you say I don't care.

If I didn't care I wouldn't be trying to tell all the idiots out there that they are being lied to by the climate grifters who are banking on no one realising that we could easily plummet back into a mini or even a full ice age event within 50 to 100 years.

More people and animals will die from the cold than would die from the heat.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What an ignorant attitude. It's a good job all of our members are not as rude and stupid as you are.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sea level was up about 4 inches between 1993 and 2022, hardly an emergency yet, but a lot of cities are based on ports, and not much above sea level, which is not good news in the long run if more ice melts. Aerial pictures of Greenland show how much has gone, and glaciers are certainly shrinking, but it is the Southern hemisphere that contains the big ice, and chunks have come off the Antarctic ice sheet already.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
If sea level is going to go up as much as the climate alarmists say it will then why are millionaires spending a fortune on seafront properties?

"Climate envoy John Kerry spent $11.75 million in 2017 for a sprawling estate on the beach in Martha’s Vineyard. The property includes more than 18 acres of land on which his seven-bedroom home sits, overlooking the Vineyard Sound."

"Bill and Melinda Gates, passionate climate activists, also shelled out a small fortune for a luxury waterfront home.

Last year, the couple, who are presently in the midst of a divorce, paid $43 million for a massive house on the beach in Del Mar, California, near San Diego." :rolleyes:

Sea level changes a different rates in different areas depending on the way the land is rising or falling too. I'm sure you're aware of the inland port of Rye in Sussex Oliver. It's miles from the sea now. Also Dunster castle in Somerset, the sea lapped at the base of it in the 1200's, it's now 2 miles away, even though the Southern part of Britain is sinking due to isostatic adjustment from the ice age.

If the ice goes from Greenland then maybe it'll be Green again as it was 1,000 years ago before the climate got much colder again.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
That four inches is from satellite measurement and is pretty accurate, unless you believe there is a conspiracy to deceive involving the whole of NASA. It is an overall measurement.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wish the seas would hurry up, so I can sell my property as an oceanfront cottage;)
Yeah, the trouble is, it sometimes goes the other way. There's a place here in Kent called Stone, in the Isle of Oxney, which was on the shoreline in Saxon times. Now it's about 6 miles from the sea. There is an ancient building there called ''The Ferry Inn'' :unsure:....
Actually, there's another thought - about the same time as the Saxons were here, the Vikings turned up to cause a bit of bother. They might not have done, but Greenland where they used to live and have lush green farms, started to freeze over and they couldn't survive there really as nothing would grow - except ice. All the habitat was lost to ice. Maybe if they return soon they'll be able to start growing stuff again - that's the way it works. Things keep all on changing - same old, same old....

Last edited:

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
That four inches is from satellite measurement and is pretty accurate, unless you believe there is a conspiracy to deceive involving the whole of NASA. It is an overall measurement.

I'm sure NASA is as trustworthy as any other group that relies on taxpayer funding so has to show results.

If you take into account that they are measuring a planet the land mass of which is constantly moving up and down and that has seas that expand when warm and contract when cold. Then where on Earth (literally) do they take their datum from?

What I mean is, at what point have they decided is a fixed point to start to measure from? The Himalayas are still rising, the South East of England is sinking and Yellowstone is going up and down like the Assyrian Empire.

So with all the up and down movements from both isostactic adjustment after the ice age and plate tectonics, how do you measure a body of water which (according to NASA's own website) is expanding due to temperature?

They cover all sorts of things on their website, they say that their satelites bounce lasers off of ice floes to measure sea level, but without a datum to start off with all these measurements are are estimates.

You might as well put a stick in the mud and say that the water came up so far the day before, but that doesn't mean the mud has stayed at the same level.

Ask a Question