Air plants

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Check out air plants on Pinterest. They do need some misting and some indirect sunlight I think... I think some grow in the shade too though. I gotta check out Amazon. I've found a few websites online and they weren't too cheap.

The nursery on Tchoupitoulas near Jackson has them; I don't remember what the prices were like, but I don't remember thinking they were particularly expensive. I have and English Ivy and an orchid indoors right now that I'm tending to. If they survive I'll think about other "delicates."

Reaction score
The nursery on Tchoupitoulas near Jackson has them; I don't remember what the prices were like, but I don't remember thinking they were particularly expensive. I have and English Ivy and an orchid indoors right now that I'm tending to. If they survive I'll think about other "delicates."

I bet nobody else but me and you can pronounce Tchoupitoulas! Haha Nice meeting another local gardener here.

Reaction score
The air plants are very interesting. I have seen some at WalMart a long time ago and they were attached to small pieces of wood. As I recall, the directions that were attached said they needed misting and shaded window, no direct sunlight. I have never tried to keep one alive, but may just have to take a chance with one if I ever see any again.

Reaction score
This would be a great way to let my boys enjoy some small gardening adventures inside. They will think its extra cool that they live in the air. I will have to figure out how to teach them the right amount of misting, not too much or too little.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've never heard of these before. The look very cool but difficult to care for. I'm interested in looking more into these!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I've never heard of these before. The look very cool but difficult to care for. I'm interested in looking more into these!

There not difficult to care for at all. Just mist them every few day and make sure there not sitting in water, I have 2 mounted on drift wood and mist them ever other day because there in my kitchen and dry out fast, all the roots do is hold the to a tree limb or what ever it is they are growing on in the wild. they get there water and food thru the leaves. I just saw them at Lowe's a few days ago for about $ 6.00 in a small glass vase.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
I have never bought plants online because the problem is the delivery, it might be damaged or it might wither before it arrives to our gate. We are fortunate to have a Sunday market where they sell almost all kind of plants and trees, ornamental, vegetable or fruiting trees. We just go there and select what we want to buy and they deliver right on the day we paid so we are assured of quality.

Reaction score
Country
United States

Ask a Question