AI

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I know this is off topic from gardening but it's blowing my mind how fast AI is advancing. Soon there won't be a Google search, it will be Bard is my guess. It hasn't come to Canada yet but there's still chatgpt and Bing's Microsoft version... All AI. But the art is really getting advanced, I can't tell what's real and what's not anymore lol. It's awesome, yet creepy at the same time lol.

fa1de11735c9b326ff9d131b2120b616.jpeg

Reaction score
Country
Canada
The one on the right is a fake.
The one on the right is an AI's version of the Mona Lisa painting if it was a real person. Personally I couldn't tell it's not a real person if someone posted just that pic on here and said it was them. I'd have no idea it's fake lol. Looks like a real person to me.

I mean I guess she was real at one time but other then the painting no one has pictures of her lol

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I wonder why AI changed the eyes and hair if this were to be an example?
I noticed some differences too. In the painting she is wearing a hair net (whatever they are called) but in the pic she isn't. My understanding of using the AI art apps and sites you need to use keywords to tell the AI what you want it to do. I guess whoever had the AI create this could have changed those things but was satisfied with this result. I haven't tried AI art yet so I don't know, I've been watching tutorials just to get an understanding.

I'm not impressed with AI. The below is a gardening channel I follow and he challenged AI to a bunch of gardening questions.
It can give wrong answers but it just rolled out November 30 2022. The thing with AI is it is constantly learning. Right now it is basically an infant. But if you look at how different it is now compared to a few months ago it's like a toddler becoming Einstein within a few months. Also the AI does not have access to internet for obvious reasons. The answers to questions are much more accurate now but still good to cross check them.

It does a lot more then just answer questions though. I asked it to write me a song about cardboard boxes just to see what would happen and in literally less then a second it created song lyrics for me about cardboard boxes lol, so I know that it didn't just copy someone else's song. And the song was awesome! I did the same with poems, even had it write me a love poem about air lol. People are using it to write speeches and stuff that is done in a second and is as good or better then one that would take days or weeks for the person to write. Same with songs, poems, art, homework, sermons, just to name a few of it's uses. All you have to do is give it keywords.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
It can give wrong answers but it just rolled out November 30 2022. The thing with AI is it is constantly learning. Right now it is basically an infant. But if you look at how different it is now compared to a few months ago it's like a toddler becoming Einstein within a few months. Also the AI does not have access to internet for obvious reasons. The answers to questions are much more accurate now but still good to cross check them.

It does a lot more then just answer questions though. I asked it to write me a song about cardboard boxes just to see what would happen and in literally less then a second it created song lyrics for me about cardboard boxes lol, so I know that it didn't just copy someone else's song. And the song was awesome! I did the same with poems, even had it write me a love poem about air lol. People are using it to write speeches and stuff that is done in a second and is as good or better then one that would take days or weeks for the person to write. Same with songs, poems, art, homework, sermons, just to name a few of it's uses. All you have to do is give it keywords.
I understand it's relatively new technology that's evolving. However, I'm not quite sure why they call it AI, since it's just inputted with information like any other computer. It seems to be to be just a Google search on steroids.

I also understand that it's not connected to the internet, simply because there is so much incorrect information out there, which would corrupt the system. I'm curious how long, if ever, it will correct itself on one of the myths in the video in my above post, the myth of house plants purifying the air in homes. How will it correct itself in that respect?

I do think AI has a place, but too many people are taking this information as gospel. Some people have already killed themselves based on information provided by AI...But then again, if they're that stupid, who cares.

AI seems like it's going to replace a lot of humans, many of which are in White Collar jobs, but the Blue Collar folks will have job security. This is a major issue in the Strike happening in Hollywood. Apparently a lot of Writers' jobs are in jeopardy.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I understand it's relatively new technology that's evolving. However, I'm not quite sure why they call it AI, since it's just inputted with information like any other computer. It seems to be to be just a Google search on steroids.

I also understand that it's not connected to the internet, simply because there is so much incorrect information out there, which would corrupt the system. I'm curious how long, if ever, it will correct itself on one of the myths in the video in my above post, the myth of house plants purifying the air in homes. How will it correct itself in that respect?

I do think AI has a place, but too many people are taking this information as gospel. Some people have already killed themselves based on information provided by AI...But then again, if they're that stupid, who cares.

AI seems like it's going to replace a lot of humans, many of which are in White Collar jobs, but the Blue Collar folks will have job security. This is a major issue in the Strike happening in Hollywood. Apparently a lot of Writers' jobs are in jeopardy.

It's a very interesting topic and the reason I posted it, I am enjoying discussing it. But keep in mind the AI chat bots are simply a branch of the entire tree. It's like comparing this forums technology to Google's technology, it's both online technology but a huge difference. There has already been an AI super computer created that made a baby. Not an actual baby but a baby super computer that is apparently more advanced then anything we have been able to make. They advance themselves using I am guessing math formulas and all the same stuff scientists use to create everything scientists have created. Take for example the computer you are using right now. It needs constant upgrades of information. An AI learns on it's own. It's like cavemen and mankind now. We didn't get upgrades we learned. So does AI. But it leans faster then man ever has or ever could dream of and it's learning capabilities are endless.

My understanding about not being connected to the internet is because everything is connected to the internet now. Everything from people's banking to nuclear weapons. In the wrong hands, AI could be used to do hacking like you could never imagine because it is a public used AI. At least that's my understanding of why but I don't know that for a 100% fact.

Lately you are probably talking to a form of AI and don't even know it lol. Chat bots used on some social media and forums, dating sites, etc to make it seem like it's more popular then it is. Same in online video games, and so on. They are starting to be used in Hollywood movies, and even people on the news, you can't tell the difference. It's all around you and you don't even know it. It reminds me of when the internet first came out, a lot of people like you said it was a fad. Now it's is everything, everywhere and a huge part of everyone's life in one way or another unless someone is living in the wilderness and doesn't exist in society.

I am not a programmer or anything, I know almost nothing about this stuff. But I've been learning and researching instead of just getting lost in the dust like what happened to people who said the internet was a fad and would never amount to anything. That was before my time, for the most part but I see some older people constantly struggling to figure out how to do the most simple things like e-transfer and stuff like that. I don't want that to be me down the road.

Reaction score
Country
Canada

Can your computer make choices and think for itself?

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
Can your computer make choices and think for itself?

Make choices? Yes, absolutely and make them faster and "better" than humans can.

Think for itself? No, not currently, but who is to say that future technology won't make this possible?

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Make choices? Yes, absolutely and make them faster and "better" than humans can.

Think for itself? No, not currently, but who is to say that future technology won't make this possible?
I guess it depends on what you consider "think" to be. If it makes choices, doesn't that involve thinking what choice to make? Maybe not the way you and I would, just like an animal thinks differently then you and I would etc. But to choose is to think. Otherwise it would be random or pre-programed to do what it does. That's the opposite of AI. It is programed with barriers of what it can do, but technically so are you and I lol. We just don't use the word "programed" for the human mind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mick7752

Latest Threads