Addicted to Vegetables

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
I hope I'm not the only one who is addicted to onions, tomatoes, peas, peppers, cabbage and carrots in her meals. I just realized almost all meals I prepare must include two or three of these veggies.

Who's experiencing the same?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
At this time of the year I am all about fresh veggies in salads...it's too hot to prep a lot of heavier dishes so my go-to things for meals definitely have loads of crisp fresh veggies in them!

I'm not the biggest fan of onion unless it's cooked, but lately I have been all about carrots, peppers, celery, tomatoes and cucumber! SO yummy!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Me too! I usually have several different vegetables with all of my meals. I especially love cabbage, carrots and onions. I also really like broccoli, peas and kale.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I absolutely cannot get enough of onions! I like to eat them almost with every meal. Besides, onions are very beneficial, as they help protect you from parasite and stuff, and are naturally an anti-fungal!

Reaction score
Country
Venezuela, Bolivarian Republic Of
I do not really consider myself addicted to vegetables, but I definitely like them on my daily lunch, salad is one of my favorite companion when eating the luch, it gives the food a special touch, I really love vegetables :D

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
We have so many leafy greens, carrots, beans, etc. with our meals that my husband swears I'm trying to turn him into a rabbit!
We like all vegetables, especially the ones from our garden. Fresh new potatoes, sugar peas, tomatoes, bell peppers, green onions and then let the others grow into beautiful yellow or white or red onions, leaf lettuces, broccoli, squash, we eat and enjoy them all.
The only vegetable we don't like are parsnips. Just can't stand the taste or texture.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am addicted to spinach and always have been, I don't care how it is cooked I love it, I put it is pastas and as sides dishes a lot. My husband doesn't share my love of spinach haha but I try to sneak it in when ever possible.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
What a great addiction abonnen.(y) And it's easy to grow. I'm not the best at veggie growing but I can manage spinach but even easier is silverbeet and I love that. Fresh from the garden chopped up finely works well in a salad. I seem to manage cherry tomatoes and lettuce, chives and some herbs but other than that they all seem to get eaten by bugs before I get to them.
I'm such a fresh salad fanatic I think I could be considered addicted. I have said I think I'm part chuck and my maiden name was Fowler.;)

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well I have had my addictions throughout my life, and I must say that I really wish I could add this one to the list, and maybe substitute it for one of my more ugly ones. I would have to say you are lucky, and we all know that our tastes are all different and depend on a lot of things. Having said that, you seemed to have lucked out, or maybe did something right, and you have a quite healthy little addiction there. Just be careful with the onions and make sure you have some breath mints on hand.

Ask a Question