About Microgreens

Reaction score
Country
United States
Microgreens are leaf and stem vegetables harvested while they are still very small. The smallest microgreens would be sprouted seeds, though many microgreens are more mature, having developed at least a few leaves.

Commercial production of microgreens usually involves hydroponics, but microgreens can also be grown in containers or garden soil.
Overall, the method is similar to growing full-sized vegetables, except that microgreens can be planted much closer together, and of course they are harvested earlier.

Microgreens are considered a gourmet vegetable by some. due to their interesting appearance and possibly richer taste or nutrition.
Other immature vegetables such as 'baby corn' are also popular, but not technically 'microgreens'. However, earlier harvest while still immature is still the key difference.

akhileshmaurya68

The out of box farmer
Reaction score
Country
India
Thank you Enonymous for information on Microgreens. I want to know that which leafy vegetables can be grown as microgreens ?

Regards

akhileshmaurya68

The out of box farmer
Reaction score
Country
India
Hi,

I bought lot of flower plants today for my private garden like catharanthus roseus,crassula_ovata and chrysanthemum. Any ideas about rare flower plants that I can try to procure to make it a unique garden ? I am looking for names of rare flower plants and not commonly available ones.

Regards,
Akhilesh

Reaction score
Country
United States
What is rare to one may be common to another. One idea you might pursue is a collection of the native plants of India. Some are common, but there are also many rare ones as well. Even some that may be common in forest and field would be rare to see in a garden.

Show or tell us more about your garden conditions & climate, as well as what types of plants truly most interest you.

akhileshmaurya68

The out of box farmer
Reaction score
Country
India
Hi Marck,

Thanks for answering. Let me do some research on what plants are common in all geographic locations of the world and what are the rare ones ! That will give us insight.

Regards,
Akhilesh

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Plants which are rare or expensive are usually so because they are difficult to grow/propagate, not because they are particularly good quality. It is usually easier to get a good display using cheap and common plants, the skill comes in the right combinations. Someone else form India was showing some stunning pictures of marigolds, not a rare or difficult plant at all, but in his evening light photo they stood out wonderfully.

Ask a Question