Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada

6 August 2021 Turnips​

Posted on August 6, 2021 by Durgan
https://durgan.org/2021/August 2021/6 August 2021 Turnips/HTML/ 6 August 2021 Turnips
Eight pounds of turnips and six pounds of greens (tops) were processed into 17 one liter jars of pressure canned juice at 15 PSI for 15 minutes. First processing of turnips. Pictures emphasize the highlights. The material was excellent quality. Apparently turnips are highly nutritious. There is a row of turnips in the garden. The slurry/juice process is now being undertaken. Th seeds are small and thinning is necessary when growing. The green tops are particularly nourishing. Germination is high and the plants are easy to grow. Do a Google to become enlightened.
dsc_5889_std.jpg

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
Turnips , to me, are one of the most under rated veggies to grow in the home garden...easy to germinate, easy to grow, highly nutritious tops and bottoms, excellent storage as well as excellent rotation crop.

Wondering what type you plant as yours look different from my purple tops which I grow all winter here in East Texas?

turnips 2014.jpg

Ask a Question