5 Vegetables that grow in containers easy

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I saw this posted on Pinterest, 5 easy vegetables for beginners to grow in a container. I am not a beginner but I would grow these in my container.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/433753007841745226/

4pfgc533c4b6f4b623.jpg

Reaction score
I hate that pinterest forces you to have an account to read anything!

That is why I decided to get my account, it's nicer than you think :) I wasn't so sure at first, but I now love it ;) I've found so many good recipes there, as well as a lot good useful tips. Really cool place.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Fantastic to see and such great hope for people with little land to grow things like me. Those zucchinis look so good and healthy.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
Pardon me but I don't usually click on links, sorry. Is that zucchini in the photo? How I love to plant that in our garden because my husband likes that in lieu of cucumber. However, I don't think zucchini can grow in a tropical country like the Philippines. However, there are zucchini in the market and when they look fresh, I always buy. The usual cooking is to fry it in margarine to serve as garnishing for meat dishes.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Wow, thank you for posting this link, I want to grow all those vegetables in my apartment:) Just imagining cucumbers growing in my kitchen makes me happy:D
I already have a lot of plants here. Soon, my apartment will start looking like a jungle haha;)

Reaction score
Country
United States
@claudine That's the same thing that came to mind as I pictured the idea being ideal for persons in an apartment kind of set-up or maybe for growing in the kitchen during winter months. The small containers make growing these plants real convenient. I've seen tomatoes and even lemons in this forum. I also hear onions and sweet peppers do extremely well in conditions like these too.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Thanks @amelia88. I refuse to click on any pinterest link (or any site that mandates I "join" to view content.) (n)

I had rainbow chard and kale in containers this year. Also eggplants and cherry tomatoes. They all did great.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
That is why I decided to get my account, it's nicer than you think :) I wasn't so sure at first, but I now love it ;) I've found so many good recipes there, as well as a lot good useful tips. Really cool place.

I find it addictive for so many reasons...not just gardening inspiration, but recipes, crafts, home organization...oh boy, I guess you could say I am a little obsessed with it. But I do have a tendency to pin a million and one things and then get overwhelmed at all the projects I want to do!!

Reaction score
I find it addictive for so many reasons...not just gardening inspiration, but recipes, crafts, home organization...oh boy, I guess you could say I am a little obsessed with it. But I do have a tendency to pin a million and one things and then get overwhelmed at all the projects I want to do!!

I have a lot pins as well, but I haven't really tried anything from there yet :( Even the nail art, but I think that is because I need to organize everything a bit better, specially my recipes. I need to organize everything, maybe I should do that today. Are you into DIY projects as well?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
@claudine That's the same thing that came to mind as I pictured the idea being ideal for persons in an apartment kind of set-up or maybe for growing in the kitchen during winter months. The small containers make growing these plants real convenient. I've seen tomatoes and even lemons in this forum. I also hear onions and sweet peppers do extremely well in conditions like these too.
Yes, I think it's very convenient:) What can be better than being able to grow delicious vegetables during winter months? I don't have a garden, so I'd grow them in containers all year long:)
I had a lemon tree once, but it didn't bear fruit. We had much more luck with chili peppers:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Thank you for sharing that link. It is so awesome that anyone can grow vegetables whether you live in an apartment or have a home with an outdoor garden. Those are great vegetables for someone to grow that does not have a outdoor garden area!

Ask a Question