Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
23 August 2019 Cucumber Juice
Posted on August 23, 2019 by Durgan
http://durgan.org/2019/August 2019/23 August 2019 Cucumber Juice/HTML/23 August 2019 Cucumber Juice
Thirty six pounds of fresh picked cucumbers were made into 14 liters of Pressure canned juice at 15 PSI for 15 minutes. Each jar contains about 2.5 pound of processed cucumbers.
Process was: Wash, cut into smaller pieces to facilitate cooking, add about 5 liters of water to give some liquid to start cooking. When soft about 25 minutes blend into a slurry. Put through a mesh 2 mm strainer to remove seeds. The strainer residue is then put through a Champion Juicer to get all nutriments. This output may be mixed or kept for soup. Place liquid into liter jars and for long term storage Pressure can at 15 PSI for 15 minutes. This must be done in batches of seven, since the cannrr only accommodates seven jars at one time.
dsc_2461_std.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
My neighbour, who's a vegan, recommends fresh cucumber in water, for allsorts of health remedies.
Frankly I think it's a fad, but she's a friendly neighbour, as, fortunately, all of mine are, so I don't naysay her, I just give her a couple of cucumbers, and a red onion, as. even if I'm sceptical, I value the great relationships I have with my neighbours, above being right, if it hurts them.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
I dislike seeing all those cucumbers going to waste. They do make a fine juice, I eat a few fresh and generally dislike pickling, so Pressure Canning juicing is my alternative.

Ask a Question