1/6 scale Victorian conservatory greenhouse conversion

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Hi Becky! Here is what I have done so far...The interior is antiqued in in hunter green---> Still undecided on that yet!
IMG_1335_ - Copy_tonemapped.jpg
IMG_1336_ - Copy_tonemapped.jpg
IMG_1337_ - Copy_tonemapped.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Big project on the conservatory today! Formed the ledge and pored it..Cant wait to see the results..
IMG_1341.JPG
IMG_1342.JPG
IMG_1343.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Now the interior is next...Think I will blend these two ideas and design something my own out of it...
archgothic.jpg
stock-photo-18074571.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
The detail is just amazing, Shape. I'm a painting contractor + decorative/faux painter, so I paint everything from commercial buildings to faux marble and so on. You're doing a lovely and very meticulous job. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Wow Faux marble.....Ok I want to make marble columns and wanted to ask you how I could do PVC pipe to look like marble...I wanted to do a dark green in marble?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Wow Faux marble.....Ok I want to make marble columns and wanted to ask you how I could do PVC pipe to look like marble...I wanted to do a dark green in marble?

Shape, I'm not sure how you'd go about doing marble on a small scale. Basically for that, I use an assortment of sponges and sponge rollers, overlaying different shades of whatever color I'm using, then paint in veins and texture with artist brushes and feathers, again using several colors so they look complex.

Tons of techniques on YouTube, I'd suggest checking that out.
I'm sending you a pm with some pics. ;)

Ask a Question