1/6 scale Victorian conservatory greenhouse conversion

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Keep up the Great Work !! Shape
Thank you DrCase! Your comment reminded me of our mail man..He cant get enough of this project. He has been there from day one asking questions and even updated the sub mail lady on what we were building..People are now stopping in front of the house looking at the conservatory grounds...I cant wait until the conservatory is actually built..It will dominate the entire grounds with beautiful stone and glass..The interior of the building will be one of my focus points..If i could take one percent of my wife's beauty and drop it on the interior of this building it would be breath taking...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
One more thing. I Think at the moment this is actually a Fairy garden.?! .But the fairies are a permanent structure on the gate..I put them there to watch over the grounds and draw in good spirits. They are the same as the lions for strength and courage...I know it may sound silly to some but defining this as a fairy garden could be wrong by the definition of a miniature garden.. Definition: A miniature garden is the perfect blend of tiny trees, plants, hardscaping and garden accessories that are in scale with one another to create a lasting, living garden scene or vignette.Living Miniature Gardens include plants, patio/paths and an accessory all in scale with one another. I point all this out because the fairies in my garden are scale statues fixed permanently to the structure...I never intended on this being a fairy garden and was leaning more on building a miniature living garden..I know It does not really matter but I was asked this...Maybe you guys could help me define my garden?!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
I can remember going to the Chicago Art Institute a lot when I was real little we would always clime on the lions outside then go in side to the miniature exhibit

They had hall after hall of small places behind the glass.

I would drop the fairy and go with , Miniature Garden

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I can remember going to the Chicago Art Institute a lot when I was real little we would always clime on the lions outside then go in side to the miniature exhibit

They had hall after hall of small places behind the glass.

I would drop the fairy and go with , Miniature Garden
Thank you! Then Miniature Garden it is..

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United Kingdom
Love the pictures Sharp & seeing you in them hard at work. Its looking Just Magical & Spot on (better than) perfect.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
guess we are all coming over new years eve to celebrity, just make sure you have plenty "drink me" potion on hand otherwise the late arrivals will not make through the door..

just go ask alice......
You are more than welcome through the door majorcatfish..But its bring your own drink around here..We Texans can throw a nice shindig when it comes to celebrating accomplishments..Especially when we dont have that many hahahaha!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Construction starts on the conservatory today..But first I am going to go pick up some 100 year old heart wood that was donated to the project..I will post pictures tonight of my adventures today!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Progress!
IMG_1306.JPG
IMG_1307.JPG
IMG_1308.JPG
IMG_1309.JPG
IMG_1310.JPG
IMG_1311.JPG