Zucchini Blooms Probs

Yen

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi guys,

My zucchini plant is getting close to 2 months old soon, pretty big and healthy. I have a concern about flowers, it has been flowering for about 3 weeks, has a lot of leaves and male flowers. There were 3 females so far but they could not reach to the stage to open, just turned yellow, shrank then dropped. The male flowers opened but not completely full, still be able to see inside but not as big. I just hope to know what is happening to be able to get some fruits soon. I have trimmed a lot of leaves off to improve air flow, but didn't help. Has anyone here experienced that, and what is the solution for this? (I have attached photos)

Thank you,
Yen.

Attachments

• male flower.jpg
    male flower.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 199
  • Yellow.jpg
    Yellow.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 220
  • green.jpg
    green.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 203
  • after trimmed.jpg
    after trimmed.jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 254
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Looks healthy. Sometimes they take a round or two to warm up. If the flowers don’t open at all again, you might have other problems. If the flowers do open and look normal you’ll need bees or something to pollinate. Sometimes pollinators don’t do it.

Rey

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6B
Country
United States
dont worry there will be more to come, by the way, I collect male flowers after I pollinate the female. The flower is edible mixed with some flour and egg then deep fried..

Ask a Question