That plant no one talks about

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Only curious. I don't see any cannabis on here. I'll leave it at that lol. But just curious why? I don't support it or disagree with it, just don't see it ever mentioned on here.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
There doesn't seem to be any point talking about something we don't grow - I think cabbages and carrots etc are rather more interesting.
Since it became legal in Canada and most states many people grow it. My dad is 92 and grows it just for fun. I smell it every time I go for walks so it is definitely popular but nuff said, I just found it curious. As I said I don't support it, it's already legal. Just was thinking it's surprising no one mentions it. Even people who don't use it grow it just for fun to see how big they can get it. But I am happy with my tomatoes and peppers. Wasn't sure if talking about it was against forum rules.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not as far as I know, it's just that I for one, don't know anything about the plant. It's not something I have ever wondered about - just like stuff that I can't grow on chalky soil like rhododendrons etc.
Maybe someone who does grow it will reply to the thread ?

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Not as far as I know, it's just that I for one, don't know anything about the plant. It's not something I have ever wondered about - just like stuff that I can't grow on chalky soil like rhododendrons etc.
Maybe someone who does grow it will reply to the thread ?
It's really not a big deal. Just me thinking outloud lol. I grow my 4, that's what is legal here per property. Everyone around me grows it too so it's not hush hush like it was 20 years ago. I just wasn't sure why no one mentions it on here. I am totally fine not talking about it.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Don't think we have any specific rules apart from the obvious restrictions in different countries :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6B
Country
United States
I do see threads asking about growing poppies... Unless they died I think I have some random red poppies in a garden the previous owner neglected and I haven't bothered with.

But no one seems to bother with tobacco either.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
This was tobacco country. Not anymore. Over half of the barns have fell down. I cant think of one field that grows any tobacco. Someone is growing it still but who?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a Permit to grow 6 plants.

Learn something New every day with all plants.

I'm prescribed a Hydrocodone every 4 hours. I could say it has cut back on my Hydrocodone which it does but I do like the buzz.

big rockpile

Reaction score
Country
United States
Went to another Forum the same question was asked just the other way around.

Why do you baby Cannabis and not other plants.

Face it is a weed actually it is more grow hardy than a lot of other plants. Know of a guy that had a plant run over with a Brush Hog by accident while in bloom. It went on to do just fine.

It finished with no other produce sells for so much an once and most seeds don't cost $10 a piece. Seen them as high as $300. I'm thinking yea rigRight.

big rockpile

Reaction score
Country
Canada
@big rockpile it's asked a lot because there is a ton more people that use it then will admit they do lol, the cannabis industry didn't grow to what it is now by only a small amount of people using it.

I pay a lot for high potency seeds every year and I don't find it costs much for seeds if you look at the cost of buying bud, 28 grams to an oz and 16 oz to a lb, one gram of weed to buy is usually $5-15 depending on potency. And anyone can grow it, but it takes lots of practice to get those thc crystals so packed on the bud that it looks like snow.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Found out my Cancer Doctor likes it. My wife was going to take some Edibles to the Hospital for her.

I asked her if she was that stupid?

The reason it is classed the it is because it was why Black's dance the way they do and Mexicans smoke it.

Guy was talking about investing in a Commercial Grow operation but because of his past as a Cop he couldn't do it. But just fine some other stuff he does.

Just started some Girl Scout Cookies.

It cost a lot to get set up for indoor grow. Light alone anywhere from $500 - $1,000.

big rockpile

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Maybe it is because it is just so vigorous and easy to grow? I knew someone who got spider mite on an indoor plant, otherwise I can't remember anyone reporting problems.
PS. I have seen it in the background in more than one photo.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Maybe it is because it is just so vigorous and easy to grow? I knew someone who got spider mite on an indoor plant, otherwise I can't remember anyone reporting problems.
Had Fungus Gnats and Leaf Hoppers.

Most problems is people trying to feed too much.

Paid $110 for 20 seed last time. I use Clones to keep costs down.

On the street it is $100 an once.

big rockpile

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Just started some Girl Scout Cookies.

It cost a lot to get set up for indoor grow. Light alone anywhere from $500 - $1,000.

big rockpile

I've smoked the Girl Scout Cookies but never grew them. They are indica dominant and I find indica puts me to sleep so I usually go with sativa dominant to avoid the body buzz, but it's all a matter of personal preference.

I always check to see if there is any in the background and have seen it a few times also lol.

Had Fungus Gnats and Leaf Hoppers.

Most problems is people trying to feed too much.

Paid $110 for 20 seed last time. I use Clones to keep costs down.

On the street it is $100 an once.

big rockpile

I find the biggest problem new growers have is not pests but mold in the buds because they don't trim the plants properly for airflow but especially after they harvest the buds it's improperly cured and they start burping it while the moisture content is too high.

Ask a Question