Présentation Elie

Reaction score
Country
France
Bonjour à tous, ravi de vous avoir rejoint
Je suis Elie jardinier, amateur de tomates.
Ce serait un plaisir d'apprendre de vous et d'apporter aussi de mes connaissances. Merci

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bonjour à tous, ravi de vous avoir rejoint
Je suis Elie jardinier, amateur de tomates.
Ce serait un plaisir d'apprendre de vous et d'apporter aussi de mes connaissances. Merci
This is an English speaking forum.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Welcome to the forums. Pleasure is all ours and we can all learn from each other.

(French to Spanish to English translation)

MOD

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is an English speaking forum.
Not the friendliest welcome, with copy and paste Google translate takes seconds;

"Hello everyone, glad to have joined you
I am Elie, gardener, tomato lover.
It would be a pleasure to learn from you and also contribute some of my knowledge. THANKS"

but maybe Elie can use it on future posts to keep you happy.

Welcome to the forum Elie, there is a fair bit about tomatoes here, which kind do you like? I am growing a French variety called RAF, a disease resistant descendant of Marmande. My partner brought the seeds back for me from her holiday.

Bienvenue sur le forum Elie, on parle pas mal de tomates ici, quelle sorte aimez-vous ? Je cultive une variété française appelée RAF, un descendant de Marmande résistant aux maladies. Ma compagne m'a ramené les graines de ses vacances.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Not the friendliest welcome, with copy and paste Google translate takes seconds;

"Hello everyone, glad to have joined you
I am Elie, gardener, tomato lover.
It would be a pleasure to learn from you and also contribute some of my knowledge. THANKS"

but maybe Elie can use it on future posts to keep you happy.

Welcome to the forum Elie, there is a fair bit about tomatoes here, which kind do you like? I am growing a French variety called RAF, a disease resistant descendant of Marmande. My partner brought the seeds back for me from her holiday.

Bienvenue sur le forum Elie, on parle pas mal de tomates ici, quelle sorte aimez-vous ? Je cultive une variété française appelée RAF, un descendant de Marmande résistant aux maladies. Ma compagne m'a ramené les graines de ses vacances.
Bravo!

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Croeso i fforwm Elie. Pam ydych chi wedi rhoi eich lleoliad fel Montpellier pan mae'n ymddangos eich bod yn postio o Affrica? Oes angen help arnoch chi? :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Croeso i fforwm Elie. Pam ydych chi wedi rhoi eich lleoliad fel Montpellier pan mae'n ymddangos eich bod yn postio o Affrica? Oes angen help arnoch chi? :)
Wasn't ready for the Welsh, and Google Translate informs me you are one smart cookie! Good catch! Or Dal da?

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
My point was that most members would need google translate to read my post. If we had to translate every post we'd soon get bored with doing it and no one would bother.

We often get students joining to practice their English on here, they usually post a few times and then don't come back. However, when we get folk joining saying they are from one location but their IP address says otherwise then it's usually followed a few posts later by a spam link.

I might be wrong, maybe the OP has got a holiday home in the South of France but I think the former is more likely.

I see some of you had a go at Tetters for pointing out that this is an English speaking forum. Well (with the exception of Dirt Mechanic) it is.

If any of you take umbridge with this, try joining an Arabic forum and speaking English on there, I'm sure you'll be more than welcomed.

I also note that while you were all so concerned about welcoming her in and having a go at Tetters, none of you bothered translating her actual gardening question on the other post she made.

No wonder she hasn't been back.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I still don't know what you guys said. Was it about my horse?

Welcome to the forums.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
My point was that most members would need google translate to read my post. If we had to translate every post we'd soon get bored with doing it and no one would bother.

We often get students joining to practice their English on here, they usually post a few times and then don't come back. However, when we get folk joining saying they are from one location but their IP address says otherwise then it's usually followed a few posts later by a spam link.

I might be wrong, maybe the OP has got a holiday home in the South of France but I think the former is more likely.

I see some of you had a go at Tetters for pointing out that this is an English speaking forum. Well (with the exception of Dirt Mechanic) it is.

If any of you take umbridge with this, try joining an Arabic forum and speaking English on there, I'm sure you'll be more than welcomed.

I also note that while you were all so concerned about welcoming her in and having a go at Tetters, none of you bothered translating her actual gardening question on the other post she made.

No wonder she hasn't been back.
I dont think it is fair to compare us to an Arabic forum. Its doesn't matter how they would treat us. We need to be more understanding and helpful with people who share our same interest no matter what language, Arabic included.

I saw nothing wrong with that post and since I speak Spanish I understood what was written. Not 100% but enough for a warm welcome.

As far as the IP address I understand but no one who responded would dig that deep.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion whether you agree or not. I see nothing wrong with posting in a different language. You might not get the help your looking for. Anyone who speaks the language or and interested member can translate and try and help.

I am sure not one member here has all the answers. The more people the more experience we have as a group no matter what language.

Just my 2 cents.

MOD

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I agree.

You carry on replying to all the foreign language posts if you want (not that you replied to the question they asked in the first place though)

I just get pissed off when members that have been on here for a few posts start having a go at my Mrs who has been on here for years.

Just my tuppence ha'penny.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I did not see a question here in this post. Would you mind pointing it out? If there are other posts I have yet to see it. You can check my IP address for that particular post if there is another one. Besides, like I mentioned not everyone has all the answers. Most of my experience is growing nut and fruit trees, fruiting bushes, fruiting canes and fruiting vines. When those questions come up I try and help as much as I can. If I dont know I don't answer. The worst thing I could do is give someone bad information but I guess since I welcomed the new guest I now must know the answers to all her questions?

Attacks on the Mrs has nothing to do with me and most likely (not for sure) no one who posted in this particular thread. As a moderator you can ban me or anyone. You can decide what is acceptable and not acceptable.

Whatever you wrote in whatever language I did not understand the slightest and I didnt care to look up and translate. If I would have understood and had an intelligent response I would have but I had nothing. Same goes for any other language I dont understand. I can understand French, Italian and a little Polish simply beacuse I speak Spanish. I am willing to try and help ANYONE I can. In hope to get the same in return which I already have plenty of times.

MOD

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
This calls for a tension-breaking picture.
Harmonica solo.JPG

Ask a Question