Pretty shrub ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all , hoping that som one can help to identify this shrub ..photo was taken yesterday at a council garden in Herne Bay Kent near Canterbury..thanks so much for any help ..Michael
IMG_3866.jpeg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Cor, Micky, that looks like Grevillia - an Australian shrub, and it's looking very well on our freezing cold, miserable, wet weather we're having. I lived in Whitstable all through my childhood, and went to work in Herne Bay. We are just the other side of Canterbury now - between there and lovely Dover :ROFLMAO:
I missed your previous posts somehow.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya Tetters, thanks so much for identifying this shrub as Grevillia , I’ve never heard of it before to be honest.. I’m going to look around on the internet and hopefully buy one for my garden.. we were down there to visit my Sister who lives in Sturry .. I actually live in sunny Essex , it’s rained non stop today , but looks a whole lot better in a few days time ..
many thanks again…. Micky 💦

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I used to live in Australia in the days of Noah's ark - £10 pommie!
When you are looking for your Grevillia, make sure you check which one you want. There are several different cultivars. There's a yellow one as well. The one I was thinking of was ''juniper'' or ''juniperus'' and I remember one called ''robusta''
One of our campers comes from Essex. Sturry is about 10 minutes or so from us - across the downs.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya Tetters, thanks for your input .. I ordered a smaller version of Grevillia and it arrived yesterday ..
its called Grevillia Juniperina New blood , grows around 2 ft tall and spreads around a metre or so …. I’m going to grow it on in a pot until a little more established.. and must not plant it North facing, but any other situations in sun or partial shade ..I think for now I will give it plenty of TLC ..anyway thanks again for valuable help..Micky.. ps we have lots of these growing happily in our lawn, means I don’t cut the grass for a few months.. any ideas ?
IMG_7610.jpeg

Ask a Question