growing indoors

Reaction score
The biggest problem is over watering I learned. Water once a day, early morning or late evening seems to do well for them. I am not really doing a whole lot more than that, I mean I'll transplant when they get bigger than their pots. Lol i dunno I'm just lucky I suppose.

How much water do you put? I usually just put half a cup. Is that too much? :)

Reaction score
Unfortunately it gets down to the - numbers where I tend to live *south of ontario lake gotta love lake effect and the new arctic winds from the north.... they wouldn't survive :(. I'd certainly keep them outside but as I said, its too cold, the garage my parents have has no windows so it certainly will die. I thought about artificial light, I just haven't done the research yet. :(

Ah - I hear you - however now that I know that you have extremely cold winters - I have to ask - just how low do your temperatures go - because if its of any help - my rosemary survives just fine in a sheltered spot outside - in temperatures of minus 12 C so long as I insulate the pot and protect the top with horticultural fleece :)

How much water do you put? I usually just put half a cup. Is that too much? :)

Apologies for appearing to butt in - but it is better to water your herbs thoroughly and less often than it is to water them on a daily basis.
In fact herbs as well as many other plants are best watered only when the soil is dry to the touch - which is - although dependent on the environment - generally around every 4-5 days - oh and giving it a thorough watering - means watering the pot until you see the water coming out of the bottom.

Ask a Question