growing veggies indoors during winter

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Is anyone attempting an indoor salad garden this winter? I just planted, kale, lettuce, spinach, carrots and just for fun......potatoes. the potatoes are about a foot tall.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
Serbia
I only tried with lettuce and it was ok, pretty much. Can you explain to me how and where you made your indoor garden. Mine was pretty small. It was just a try and some of the lettuce grew but some did not. I planted them in home made crate that i put near the window in the lobby. I am very curious about the rest, carrots and kale. I am a vegetarian and it would be very good for me to have these at home. If you can elaborate a bit. Not much. You can leave a picture or something. Thank you.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I only tried with lettuce and it was ok, pretty much. Can you explain to me how and where you made your indoor garden. Mine was pretty small. It was just a try and some of the lettuce grew but some did not. I planted them in home made crate that i put near the window in the lobby. I am very curious about the rest, carrots and kale. I am a vegetarian and it would be very good for me to have these at home. If you can elaborate a bit. Not much. You can leave a picture or something. Thank you.
I have mine in Terra cotta pots and use grow lights. I'll have to see if it turns out

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
I had posted in one thread the lettuce that I saw in the hotel where we stayed in Singapore. A small planter box with pebbles for the surface, the lettuce are looking good that I had mistaken them to be plastic. Fortunately my niece had inspected and proclaimed them to be real lettuce that were planted indoors, right in the reception area of the hotel.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Is anyone attempting an indoor salad garden this winter? I just planted, kale, lettuce, spinach, carrots and just for fun......potatoes. the potatoes are about a foot tall.
No but I really want to! Do you have pictures you can share? How big are you pots? I am very interested in growing kale and spinach indoors since I buy them at the food store every week.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
The only thing growing right now is the potatoes. The lettuce just sprouted. The potatoes are in about a 15 inch pot and the greens are in 12 in pots. As they progress, I will try to figure out how to post a photo

Reaction score
Country
United States
The only thing growing right now is the potatoes. The lettuce just sprouted. The potatoes are in about a 15 inch pot and the greens are in 12 in pots. As they progress, I will try to figure out how to post a photo
Awesome thanks. This is good to know. I love being able to go to my garden and pick fresh veggies for dinner. It also saves so much money lot having to buy them. I never grew potatoes outside so I am definitely interested trying to grow them indoors.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I have a fungus in my garden so my potatoes and tomatoes must be grown in pots outdoors. For the potatoes I use an old badly cracked 18 gallon utility tub. Put the seed potatoes in and as they grow, keep adding dirt until you reach the top. I have a small crop but new potatoes are great cooked with fresh green beans.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
1449766049004-487056083.jpg
1449766049004-487056083.jpg 1449766049004-487056083.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I have three grow lights that I use for at least 14 hours per day. I always start my tomatoes from seed beginning the last of February. I just enjoy growing things. the potatoes are looking good

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I would love to grow an indoor vegetable garden if I could control the heat and lighting in the space.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
This sounds great, Robinjopo!:)
I once tried to grow tomatoes indoors, but it didn't turn out good. The plant didn't bear any fruit. Currently, I only grow radish and mung bean sprouts. They're delicious:)

Ask a Question