Feijoa tree leaves turning red

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
Recently the leaves on my Feijoa trees have started to turn red. There doesn't appear to be anything attacking the leaves and the backs are still green and clean. Any ideas what may be causing this?

20240225_180614.jpg
20240225_180629.jpg
20240225_180639.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
If they are newly exposed to sun I would say sunburn. If you’ve had very low temps I’d say frost or just response to the cold. Either way not something to really worry about, they will grow out of it when it warms up.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya @Chris B. It looks like you have the answer to your question already, but I thought I would say G'day and mention that I have a son living in Murphy's Creek in the Lockyer valley - not all that far from you and he's been telling me just how hot and humid it has been there.
When visiting, I found a little relief from getting up to Toowoomba - a bit more air up there as well as air conditioning in the shops!🥵

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
Hi Tetters
Yeh nah I don't live anywhere near Murphy's Creek in the Lockyer valley. I live in the top of the south island New Zealand
In a little town call Blenheim that has currently been getting the highest temperatures in NZ

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Easy mistake to make I suppose, the New Zealand flag is so similar, and I could hardly define the four red stars instead of the white Australia ones - nor could I count them. My eyes are old - like me 😢

Ask a Question