Door in Side of Greenhouse instead of End?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
My small greenhouse is a 6 w x 4 deep because there wasn't enough room on my side deck to put anything deeper and still be able to swing it's door. I wish they'd had one that was a bit wider but oh well, it's what it is.
This is the view out my kitchen window to the side of my house, there is a door from an adjacent room just to the left of the gh. The other shows how my other little gh is only two steps outside the back doors. Sadly they are both empty right now. sniff...

DSCN1542.JPG
DSCN1544.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
You have two greenhouses and there are no plants in them? What's up with? LOL!

I could use three or four greenhouses and I would still probably end up with more plants than space. I am about to embark on a completely new garden plant at home to allow me to grow more food. As soon as things warm up though, I want to take down my rickety greenhouse and erect something of my own design with more space and a better distribution of shelving.

Reaction score
You are very fortunate to have such nice greenhouses. No doubt you wil soon have many wonderful things growing inside.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
Our temps are rarely above freezing this time of year. Too expensive to heat 24.7. I will be starting the heat in mid march. That is when the lows are up to 24f.

I have a quasi greenhouse going in the basement until then.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
United States
I am wondering if there is no way to attach the two green houses together to make a larger greenhouse. I can't tell from the picture if they are the same size or not, but I would think it would be so much more convenient. It would be so much easier to tend the plants, unless you want them separate for different growing purposes.

You literally walk off the kitchen and it is right there, wow, looks like your yard is not that large. How much space do you have to work with? Just wondering because I can imagine there has to be some frustration with limited bed space if you have a shallow lot.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
I love my kitchen too. We renovated it ourselves. The picture only shows about a quarter of it. I also have a basic kitchen downstairs for overload.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
I am wondering if there is no way to attach the two green houses together to make a larger greenhouse. I can't tell from the picture if they are the same size or not, but I would think it would be so much more convenient. It would be so much easier to tend the plants, unless you want them separate for different growing purposes.

You literally walk off the kitchen and it is right there, wow, looks like your yard is not that large. How much space do you have to work with? Just wondering because I can imagine there has to be some frustration with limited bed space if you have a shallow lot.

Both greenhouses are sitting in decks. One at the side and one at the back. Land is very dear here.

Our lot is 40x110 and the driveway and house cover a large area.

ohhh, just realized that the pic makes it look like the back of the green greenhouse is the lot line ,it's another 20 or so ft back. Still not big but that's okay for me.

Last edited:

Ask a Question