Have you ever planted outside that was supposed to be an indoor plant?

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I'm not sure what kind of plant it was but my godmother planted one that became a tree outside her house beside her store. I remember always sitting under it because the branches are thick and the leaves have a lot of caterpillars in it. I remember the trunk being covered in vines that stretched upward and spiraled around the overhead power cables. She said it has always given her luck in business but I'm sure it's just proper management, as her store is older than myself. It was a pity that it had to be cut down because of a road widening project.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6B
Country
United States
Well, since indoor plants are kept indoors typically due to weather situations, I must say, no, I've never grown an indoor plant outside. I am from Michigan, so the temperatures where I come from are not conducive to the good health of exotic plants. It doesn't hurt to put a potted plant outside on a warm day from time to time as it can perk up a tired house plant, but being left out year round would surely kill the plant, depending on your climate.

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Not really, most flowers involve radiant sunlight and constant water to be indoors, and let's face it, there's really no reason to just have ONE plant inside the house, if that's what you are after. A whole garden to entertain visitors in would be a much better choice rather than a few potted plants at home. My aunt grew these amazing flowers outside the house in her garden, and she tended to them everyday. She also had plants inside, but they are in no way better looking than an entire garden of blooming flowers.

Ask a Question