Do you have pets? Anyone else have a guinea pig?

Reaction score
I have a cat and a small dog. I think guinea pigs are adorable but they wouldn't last long around my cat, and my dog would chase them and bark his head off.

Bee

Reaction score
Country
Puerto Rico
Yeah I've always wanted a guinea pig.My dog is really laidback so I don't think she would have a problem with a guinea pig or other similar animal being in the house.My dog would probably be so confused as to what it is lol

Reaction score
At this moment i have a cat and a bird at home that i totally adore however my hubby will be taking home a dog anytime now and somehow i'm not looking forward to it as i've never being fund of dogs.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Oh, Kammy, that dog will win your heart. Dogs, if treated well, are warm, loving, and silly just when you need cheering up. They are also better than a garbage disposal for any appropriate left-overs!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah I've always wanted a guinea pig.My dog is really laidback so I don't think she would have a problem with a guinea pig or other similar animal being in the house.My dog would probably be so confused as to what it is lol
Some dogs are great with guinea pigs! Others not so much. I have a friend with a couple guinea pigs and a golden retriever and they dog gets along well with the piggies. They will often cuddle next to each other. It's really cute :)

Reaction score
Oh, Kammy, that dog will win your heart. Dogs, if treated well, are warm, loving, and silly just when you need cheering up. They are also better than a garbage disposal for any appropriate left-overs!
True, I wasn't a dog person at all when I took in my dog. I did it out of pity because my ex mother in law couldn't take care of him anymore. But now I freaking love that dog. They do grow on you.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Right now we just have a cat and she owns the house. A few years ago we owned 2 ferrets and ended up giving them away to new owners. They were constantly pooping and I could not keep up with it any longer. At least the cat knows where she is supposed to go.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
We have had cats and dogs with indelible memories. We now have just one - our adorable Preiti. She is more than a companion, well behaved and a perfect lady. Most of the cats were visitors but we were totally involved with them.
athtedoor.jpg

ALLDOGGIES1.JPG
stray cats.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA 10a - Sunset 22
Country
United States
No guinea pigs now but had one or two when I was a kid.

Currently we have lots of pets, many are my daughters responsibility,

2 Dogs (1 of them is my avatar and yes she wore the hat and we took her picture)
1 Cat
1 Bunny
6-8 Birds inc 3 that talk to one degree or another
2 Lizards
1 Snake
1 Saltwater Fish Tank
1 Fresh Water Fish Tank
1 Turtle
On occasion a Praying Mantis

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
Just two Felines at this time,one is small tuxedo type one eyed female that wouldn't take a good pic, and Fenway Park, male Maine coon cat that has fascination with priter

Attachments

• 100_2577.JPG
    100_2577.JPG
    155.7 KB · Views: 308
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Well, I brought this home yesterday. An English mastiff, 8 weeks old and 24.2 lbs at today's puppy wellness visit. His sire is 240 lbs. He has big bone and will be a large dog to say the least.
booker e.jpg
bookerc.jpg
booker crate.jpg
booker a.jpg

His name is Booker and he is the most amazing, laid-back puppy ever.
He'd never seen a cat before yesterday and he was initially scared of mine. He got over it quickly and when I put food down in the back yard (he is of course a house dog like my others but we were trying to encourage him to poop and pee outside, hence the food dish in the yard) the cats came over and shared his food.
Cats and dogs, no hamsters. :)

Ask a Question