Indoor Pants and Pets

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am thinking of growing some indoor plants for my cats. I saw a small catnip growing kit at my local Dollar Tree. I was thinking of getting a few of those and growing them for my three cats. Do you think this would be a good plant to keep indoors or should I put it in my backyard once it gets big enough for them to enjoy?

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
I think both ideas work just fine. I know many people grow them indoors in little pots at the beginning and transfer it outside when it is fully grown.

I bet your cats are going to be wild with excitement.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Word of warning - cats can go crazy over catnip. You don't want them tearing your place up! My vote would be to keep it outdoors ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Really it depends on your cats - some cats ignore catnip. But if any of yours are the "go crazy for" type you can kiss indoor catnip goodbye!

I have a friend whose cat loves the stuff. She grows it in a big pot that's outside all summer; she pinches off leaves and brings them in for her kitty (who does not go outside.) In winter she brings it inside and puts it in the window of her spare bedroom. But it would probably come back every year in the pot if she left it out in winter. I have potted mint that comes back every year...don't know where you live but we have long winters and most mint-type plants are pretty hardy.

Ask a Question