Benefits of the aloe vera plant

Reaction score
How do you drink it? I've heard that some parts of the leaf aren't safe to consume. Do you just drink the clear gel and avoid the outer leaves? Do you mix it with anything?

Reaction score
The Aloe Vera plant has been called "The Miracle Plant." My next door neighbor gave me 3 rather large plants (she's in her 80's) about 3 weeks ago. She mentioned the medicinal uses of the plant and while I believed her (because I had heard a little about Aloe Vera before) I really didn't pay it much attention. I began to research the history of this miracle plant and have been absolutely amazed at what I've found.

The gel from the Aloe Vera plant can be used to treat insect bites, rashes, blisters, herpes, athlete's foot, fungus, sores, vaginal infections, conjunctivitis, dry skin, and much more.
Aloe Vera can be taken orally and that is exactly what I have been doing, every day, for the past week. The plants immune system stimulant properties are phenomenal for warding off all types of viruses.

I've been cutting the leaf and eating or drinking the gel directly from the plant. The taste is bitter but I take it fast, just to get it over with and wash it down with water, or I'll eat a spoonful of oatmeal, as I did this morning.

Is anyone else familiar with, and have tried taking Aloe Vera orally?

Do you happen to know where exactly one is to buy an aloe Vera plant?

Reaction score
Do you happen to know where exactly one is to buy an aloe Vera plant?

Most nurseries carry the Aloe Vera plant but now grocery stores are selling individual leaves.. If you have a local Farmers Market you can purchase a leaf or two there.

Reaction score
How do you drink it? I've heard that some parts of the leaf aren't safe to consume. Do you just drink the clear gel and avoid the outer leaves? Do you mix it with anything?
I simply open the leaf from the side, sort of peel it back, take a spoon and scoop out the gel. I then drink water to offset the taste. You can also mix it with juice and put it in the blender if you like. I just take it straight, almost everyday.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Aloe Vera has been shown to help with joint stiffness which is a big concern in all this colder than normal weather we have been having. I drink aloe vera juice to clean my insides out, I have a sensitive stomach that will give me the blues if I eat something it does not like very quickly, so I have found that if I drink aloe vera as soon as I feel my stomach acting up it is okay very quickly.

I drink my aloe vera in lemon juice or cranberry juice.

Reaction score
I have considered aloe vera to be my miracle plant for quite some years, i even have one growing in my kitchen. I usually blend the aloe gel with orange juice and drink twice per week which is excellent for losing that fat from your belly. I also use it to control the dry scalp and for any pimple that appear on my face.

Reaction score
Woah, I have heard about using aloe vera to treat sunburn, but never about ingesting it directly from the leaves! You must be braver than I am! My mom bought a highly processed drink made with aloe vera, I say processed because it doesn't come directly from the plant, so to me that's highly processed, I mean if you compare with something made at home! I heard this stuff is good for your digestive system.

Reaction score
Woah, I have heard about using aloe vera to treat sunburn, but never about ingesting it directly from the leaves! You must be braver than I am! My mom bought a highly processed drink made with aloe vera, I say processed because it doesn't come directly from the plant, so to me that's highly processed, I mean if you compare with something made at home! I heard this stuff is good for your digestive system.

Yes Trellum, aloe vera is very have lots of health benefits and is great for relieving heart burns, bloating, to relieve gastrointestinal disorders and have great laxative effect, you sure should give it a try and see how it works for you.

Reaction score
Thanks, Kammy! I have a huge aloe vera plant in a pot right under a tree. I might give it a try! I read the plant must be mature enough in order to receive all the benefits tho, not sure how true is that!

Reaction score
I have used the gel substance from the aloe plant in my Mom's garden on sunburns and it works to heal them. There are aloe juices available in ethnic stores that are flavored. Aloe vera is also beneficial for diabetics to help control glucose levels. Drinking the aloe from the garden is more natural than the juice from the store. Also I found the one from the store tastes really sweet. I have had it with orange juice and it is more tolerable.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I use the gel of the aloe vera to clear my pores and prevent acne from popping up! I usually cut a very small amount from a large leaf and use both sides, since I have a relatively small face. It leaves my skin tight, but it feels fresh and my skin glows in the morning!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Hi Krrizal! I couldn't agree more, aloe gel is great for the skin. I buy it at a pharmacy, because I don't grow any aloe plants at home.Fortunately, it doesn't cost much:)

Reaction score
I simply open the leaf from the side, sort of peel it back, take a spoon and scoop out the gel. I then drink water to offset the taste. You can also mix it with juice and put it in the blender if you like. I just take it straight, almost everyday.
Thank you. I haven't been feeling well because of a cold and the sudden chilly weather in Florida. I need all the immunity help I can get. I'll give aloe gel a try. I have a big plant outside.

Ask a Question