Benefits of Lemon Balm

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Lemon Balm is a great herb to grow here are a few benefits:

5cf4f218e53a22c6934cd427d939d2ea.jpg

Reaction score
I've been buying herbs but I haven't acquired this one yet. I think I will put it on my list of things to purchase. I will probably containerize it though since I don't want it spreading too much. Are you growing it? Have you had success with it?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
It is a weed in my yard, but easy to pull unwanted seedlings. Many herbs are like that, it just encourages you to use them more(y)

Reaction score
Lemon balm has wonderful healing properties and can also be used for cooking. In fact, lemon balm's antibiotic strength is far greater than that of Echinacea.

Reaction score
It is a weed in my yard, but easy to pull unwanted seedlings. Many herbs are like that, it just encourages you to use them more(y)
Yes, that's a good way to look at it! God has given us many things in nature to help mankind but we don't know the half of what this creation has to offer. I think that things that grow prolifically in all kinds of environments have a purpose beyond what we understand. Finding out how to utilize them to greater potential is part of the puzzle.

Reaction score
Lemon balm has wonderful healing properties and can also be used for cooking. In fact, lemon balm's antibiotic strength is far greater than that of Echinacea.
How interesting. Well I'll definitely have to do more research on that plant and see what I can do with it.

Reaction score
I wonder if it's the scent of the lemon that has a huge part in its health benefits, sort of an aromatherapy benefit in addition to the actual chemical makeup of the plant.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I have never heard of this plant before, thanks for sharing. Where do you purchase yours from? I wonder if it will grow in the Pacific Northwest?

Reaction score
Lemon Balm can be drinking as a tea in relieving depression and anxiety. It is a powerful antiviral herb, it's essential oil is good in the treatment of herpes and cold sores. Sometimes, I use lemon palm to make desserts and for cooking. I use it to make an exact oil for my skin because I have discovered, it's a wonderful mosquito repellent.

Reaction score
I wonder if it's the scent of the lemon that has a huge part in its health benefits, sort of an aromatherapy benefit in addition to the actual chemical makeup of the plant.
Wouldn't surprise me all that much, although it depends on how sharp the lemon smell is, if you understand me?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Lemon balm has so many health benefits, it's a great herb.
I noticed that lemon balm tea helps me to relax, so I often drink it in the evening. It's not the most delicious tea I've ever tried, but I got used to its taste;)

Reaction score
Lemon balm has so many health benefits, it's a great herb.
I noticed that lemon balm tea helps me to relax, so I often drink it in the evening. It's not the most delicious tea I've ever tried, but I got used to its taste;)
Well, you've never steered me wrong before, so I guess I'll have to check it out. Might have to add a little honey to it since I can't usually stand hot lemon

Ask a Question