365 Days of Air Plants

Reaction score
Country
United States
While I have always enjoyed spending time in the garden, my most recent project is a little higher off the ground than usual. About two months ago, I received an air plant as a gift from my husband. With a two-year old and several pets in the house, it is tough to find time to garden, and my daughter is not quite at the point where she is ready to help yet. Basically, my husband thought it would be a great way to spend time gardening without bringing the whole crew outside to trample my plants. After a few days, I was already in love! The floating glass globes used to display air plants are just gorgeous in a sunny window or on the back porch and they are so easy to take care of. Now I'm seriously considering hanging air plants everywhere to create an enchanting garden hang out.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I'd love an update on this! Air plants are really cool. I used to keep poison dart frogs in planted terrariums, air plants came in handy because they usually didn't mind the humidity. Plus, they're super low maintenance and look pretty :). I wonder if some air plants would work in my crested gecko terrariums, I'll have to look into it.

Reaction score
Country
United States
@granjera and @redpanda
My air plant and I are celebrating our 110th day of growth together. I have been chronicling our journey day by day on Facebook with creative photos taken and edited on my phone. She is currently sprouting new leaves as well and I am looking into buying a larger globe so I can begin growing a new air plant in my glass teardrop. To follow our progress, send me a friend request on Facebook - Theresa Jewell - I'd be happy to make some new friends!

Attachments

• 20160626_122132.jpg
    20160626_122132.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 340

Ask a Question