11 September 2015 Niagara Grape Juice

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
http://www.durgan.org/2015/September 2015/11 September 2015 Niagara Grape Juice/HTML/ 11 September 2015 Niagara Grape Juice
Ten pounds of Niagara Grapes were harvested from the garden and made into 9 liters of juice. The grapes were removed from the cluster by swiping across a mesh screen, covered with water, cooked about 20 minutes and blended into a slurry. The slurry was out through a food mill with a 2 mm mesh screen to remove seeds and picking debris. The juice was placed in 9 one liter jars and seven were pressure canned at 15 PSI for 15 minutes for storage. Two jars are for current use. Pictures depict the process.
dsc_712911%20september%202015%20niagara%20grape%20juice_std.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Grape juice is delicious! I am imagine your cellar piling with so many different juices and things from your garden!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
That's a wonderful harvest:)
I don't think I've ever tried grape juice, but I can easily imagine how delicious it is!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
That's a wonderful harvest:)
I don't think I've ever tried grape juice, but I can easily imagine how delicious it is!

Making grape juice is as simple as boiling water. Boil, blend into a slurry,strain, and can, or for immediate use store in the refrigerator without canning.. Any type of grape will suffice. Grapes are almost at the peak of their season in Zone 5. Juice has all the benefits touted for wine without the alcohol.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Making grape juice is as simple as boiling water. Boil, blend into a slurry,strain, and can, or for immediate use store in the refrigerator without canning.. Any type of grape will suffice. Grapes are almost at the peak of their season in Zone 5. Juice has all the benefits touted for wine without the alcohol.
Sounds easy, I think I'll give it a try! Unortunately, we don't grow grapes, so I would have to use store bought ones. I bet they're treated with chemicals:(

Ask a Question