Would you experts take a look?

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Wasn't all bad, there was a lovely garden on the North side of the town, the Pax Garden, with loads of plates and stuff in it, probably been demolished and had a hotel built on it by now though :(

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
I hope not! :eek:

What is this? I thought I planted extra dwarf pak choys in this bed, but they don't look at all as the extra dwarf pak choys in bed number one. Then I thought they might be radishes, but they don't look like the other radishes I planted, so I'm completely lost. I hope someone recognizes the plant. Whatever it is, I have a bunch and they seem to be doing great.
008.JPG

Attachments

• 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    247.5 KB · Views: 366

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Looks very brassica family, might be Rape :)

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Arr, Brassica napus, can't find pics of the young leaves, google only seems to show the flowers.

Bloomin stuff is everywhere here now they grow it for biodiesil :(

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Might be the Pak Choi got crossed with one, brassicas are very good at trying to revert to the wild cabbage found at the seaside.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Be interesting to let one of the rogue plants mature and see what it turns into :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
The plant on the left of this picture is the mystery plant and the one on the right is an early purple sprouting broccoli. The leaves and size are different.
What "worries" me is that I planted the mystery plant thinking they were the extra-dwarf pak choys and now they're growing like crazy. There's not gonna be enough room.

010.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
The plant on the left of this picture is the mystery plant and the one on the right is an early purple sprouting broccoli. The leaves and size are different.
What "worries" me is that I planted the mystery plant thinking they were the extra-dwarf pak choys and now they're growing like crazy. There's not gonna be enough room.

View attachment 3978
Replant the PSB somewhere else. It is still small enough to not have a big root system. The mystery plant is some kind of broccoli I am pretty sure. I know it isn't bak choy. Your PSB doesn't look like mine at all. Maybe we got the seeds mixed up. Look on the good side. They finally started to really grow and what would life be without its. Anyway here are some pics of what I (think) mine are. The first is a seedling bak choy. The second is a bak choy just about ready to harvest. The third and fourth are broccoi raab, which I think is your mystery plant. The 5th is purple sprouting broccoli. The sixth is a weed that comes up everywhere. I will have a great crop of them
IMG_0001.JPG
IMG_0002.JPG
IMG_0003.JPG
IMG_0006.JPG
IMG_0004.JPG
IMG_0005.JPG

Ask a Question