Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
hillbillies (1).jpg
hillbillies (2).jpg
hillbillies (6).jpg
hillbillies (4).jpg
The prize is my total sympathy and sincere wishes that your neighbour comes into money and moves!

Here's my entry photo. sorry it wouldn't stay rotated... but you get my drift!
hillbillies (6).jpg
hillbillies (4).jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
What an awful sight to have to see each and every day! I am so thankful that I live in a community in which yard disasters like that are not acceptable. I wish I would have taken pictures of the apartment complex I used to live in. I had a downstairs neighbor who was a total hoarder and had crap all over her back porch. It was spewing out from the inside of her home. She would sometimes leave her blinds drawn and you could see nothing but a whole lot of stuff in her house. She ended up getting in big trouble with the apartment complex and the city and had to clear some of it out.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Lori, I have to say that your messy neighbor is a complete novice to the "art" of messing up a nice space.
Across the road we have a guy who has a derelict wheelbarrow, a pile of rotting lumber, and another pile of something I don't want to identify against his fence. He also has at least four semi-trailers filled with junk sitting in his back field (you can see it from the highway) and a pasture with rusting farm equipment that he has gathered from hither and yon. Since we are in an unincorporated area, we have no state/county/local authority that can make him clean up his land. Neighbors along the road are petitioning the county commissioners to enact a law about junk.
I just don't understand people who have no pride, no care, no consideration for their land.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
[QUOTE="marlingardener, post: 53869, member: 1 have to say that your messy neighbor is a complete novice to the "art" of messing up a nice space.
Across the road we have a guy who has a derelict wheelbarrow, a pile of rotting lumber, and another pile of something I don't want to identify against his fence. He also has at least four semi-trailers filled with junk sitting in his back field (you can see it from the highway) and a pasture with rusting farm equipment that he has gathered from hither and yon. Since we are in an unincorporated area, we have no state/county/local authority that can make him clean up his land. Neighbors along the road are petitioning the county commissioners to enact a law about junk.
I just don't understand people who have no pride, no care, no consideration for their land.[/QUOTE]

OMG. I cannot figure out how people can be so inconsiderate and just downright lazy. Owning property is a privilege we all work hard for and to see this type of disregard is so sad.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
2015-05-16 16.03.54.jpg
2015-05-16 16.04.02.jpg
2015-05-16 16.04.41.jpg
And this is some of my ways of blocking the view and yes they have one of those 10 foot satellite dishes, non operable of course. But I've got most of the junk out of my line of sight!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I have a neighbour the most selfish couple I have ever known. They are oblivious of what happens to others with their lifestyle. First it was their dog who would howl till they returned from wherever they went. That dog died - may his soul rest in peace. They have these coconut trees that are bent towards our compound and those huge fronds fall on our barbed wire which is an extension that we have to raise the level of our compound wall. Each time a frond falls the barbed wire collapses. We spend a lot of money to repair it but they not do not care they expect us to pick up their coconuts that fall inside our compound.
We do not talk to them. :(

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
But there's nothing wrong with all the garbage and contaminates that you send out to be put into the landfill so that it goes into all the water and toxins from those things cause air pollution etc.
As long as you don't see it it's okay..huh?
You should visit some third world countries and get off your "high horse" about thinking you are better than others because your yard is neat.....JMHO

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
There is always one in the neighborhood that does not keep the yard the way you think they should. We have a street of well cared for lawns but one. The yard looks like no one lives there. I spoke to the owner in passing one time, he said he hates yard work but he has this very large yard to keep up. My thought would be to hire some one to do the things you do not want to do like cut the grass or even make the yard low maintanence so that there is not a lot of work to be done.

Ask a Question