Whole stems wilted overnight in my Salvia Red Swing

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've had this salvia for a few weeks. It was doing great, then I saw a bunch of yellow leaves on them. The plant next to it had aphids on them so I sprayed them both with neem oil (at dusk). Overnight, a bunch of whole stems wilted, and a lot of other leaves with black spots on them

Is it neem oil burn or is it something else? If the latter, can you help identify and what treatment I should use?

PXL_20230701_143608258.jpg
PXL_20230701_143613158.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
United States
I have found neem oil to be problematic for me. Use during hot or even warm temperatures can cause more problems than it solves, especially if you get on to thickly. After all, it's an oil.

I suspect that the neem oil caused the problem or made it worse. If you are wanting to use organic insecticides you might try pyrethrum. I can't think of any others right now.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have found neem oil to be problematic for me. Use during hot or even warm temperatures can cause more problems than it solves, especially if you get on to thickly. After all, it's an oil.

I suspect that the neem oil caused the problem or made it worse. If you are wanting to use organic insecticides you might try pyrethrum. I can't think of any others right now.
I observed similar leaf burning on plants that I sprayed this neem oil mix on. This was premix. I have discarded this and made my own more diluted solution.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
United States
Neem oil can be affective but I only use it in a diluted solution on my apple trees.

Ask a Question