What veggies are you growing now?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Our garden is going nuts. :)

We have, in no particular order: eight varieties of tomatoes. Collards, kale and rainbow chard. Kentucky blue wonder and yellow wax beans. Onions, leeks and carrots. Two types of eggplant (black beauty and smaller white ones.) Zucchini and yellow summer squash. Bell peppers, corn and cucumbers. Also basil, parsely, dill, oregano and fennel.

How about you?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
Potatoes
Garlic
Horseradish
Indian Corn
Parsnips
Carrots
Beets
Turnip
Lettuce
Brussel's Spouts
Cucumbers
Okra
Dill
Sweet Peppers
Hot peppers
Parsley
Sweet Potatoes
Two types of Potatoes
Basil
Kale
Collards
Celery
Three types of Onions
Eggplant
Yellow and Green bush beans
Watermelon
Tomatoes
Asparagus
Chives
Mint

Cherry
Black Currant
European Gooseberry
Rhubarb
Blackberry
Haskap
Raspberry
Grapes

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Bush beans, bush Lima beans, cherry tomatoes. beef steak tomatoes, red potatoes,Yukon Gold potatoes, horse radish, finger egg plant, mint, confrey. most of what I grow is what I like to eat.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
It is the rainy season here and our only vegetable in the garden are the usual pepper and ginger which are planted in the planter box in the backyard. For our extended garden, the only vegetable there at this moment is and sweet potato. We have no vegetable crops for now because the rains tend to ruin the vegetables especially those vegetables with tender leaves and stalks like tomatoes. By the way, 1/3 or our corn crop were ruined by the heavy rains last week and the stalks are on the ground, still alive but I don't think they will produce ears of corn.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
Oh gosh you guys and girls put me to shame! We only have tomatoes and cucumbers growing, and some herbs - but we are really limited on space here so I consider that an achievement in itself :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Pumpkins,, corn, squash, cucumbers, tomatoes(haven't gotten any yet), bell peppers, chili peppers, okra, basil, eggplants, lemon balm, blackberries, watermelon, mustard greens, and beets.

I'm getting ready for fall too and I can't wait to put some lettuce down, arugula, cilantro, garlic and more greens. I'm thinking about growing some broccoli for the fall, but I don't know yet.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I have nothing to be proud of. Our apartment is small and we don't have a garden, so I just grow wild strawberries in a pot, some herbs and sprouts.
It's better than nothing:)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
At the moment, I'm growing,
potatoes
onions
6 varieties of tomatoes
red cabbage
banana squash
butternut squash
parsnips
red/white/blackcurrants
4 varieties of apples
pears
strawberries
rhubarb
2 varieties of pumpkin
4 varieties of cucumber
runner (English) beans
climbing French (pole) beans
broad beans (fava)
peas
Brussels sprouts
swede
broccoli
cauliflower
2 varieties of aubergine (eggplant) one halflong, one teardrop.
Sweet (bell) peppers
mild chillies (poblana)
med chillies (jalapeno/joe's long)
garlic
raspberries
cherries
leeks
plums
variety of herbs

Reaction score
Country
United States
I only have a small garden this year due to the fact we work at a CSA once a week. But this year we planted heirloom tomatoes, two different types of peppers, rosemary, spicy basil, and onions. My garden is doing okay this year but I am excited to make a bigger garden next year for I can learn to can!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Wow what an ambitious group of gardeners; I love the variety!

I've not crunched numbers to figure out whether I'm saving money on summer veggies but I guess I don't really care. :) The ability to walk out and pick dinner is priceless, and I like that I can give away produce too.

Reaction score
Our garden is not that big but we have eggplants, lady's fingers, pumpkin, tomatoes, Chinese cabbage, and a moringa tree. It feels really great to get food out of your own garden. Besides helping us save on food or grocery costs, these plants are organically-grown and have not been treated with any chemicals so they're definitely better for health. If I can plant more varieties, we should be able to sustain our food requirements on a daily basis.

Reaction score
Country
Nepal
I have a good sized vegetable patch. I have eggplants, okra, beans, bottle gourd, pumpkin, snake gourd, cucumber in my vegetable patch.I have recently planted seeds of spinach, tomato, cauliflower and cabbage. The seedlings will be ready to be planted in two weeks.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
A few tomato plants. Thyme, sage and tarragon that have come back this year. Cilantro and parsley aren't doing so well.

Peas and cucumbers planted late. They're small and I've never had the heart to thin my seedlings.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
Russian Federation
I have 50 tomatoes of different varieties, 18 cucumbers, 10 zucchinis, 5 corns, dill, parsley, culantro, basil, onion, 100 garlic, herbs, 3 large beds strawberry, apples and pear. And I am going to buy a lot of tomato seeds from Canada for the next year.

Ask a Question