What kind of poop is this

Reaction score
Country
United States
I came to my garden this morning to found it pretty dug up and this small pile of poop that I can’t identify. Does anyone know what kind of animal this would come from?

Reaction score
Country
United States
IMG_4589.jpeg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Can't see real well but it may not be poop at all. Could be a fungal growth of some sort.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When I enlarge the picture there are so many bits of stone, broken stick, leaves etc. I can't tell what you are showing, how about using a trowel to put it on a tile or something so it is obvious. The pointing finger is still a good idea as it gives something to compare the size with.
Noticed your join date, welcome to the forum.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think we need you to stick your nose in it and tell us what it smells like. :poop:
Tut, tut, not a nice way to greet a new member.☝️
Actually as I live in SE England I am unlikely to be able to identify it , unless it is the universal Rattus norvegicus.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Tut, tut, not a nice way to greet a new member.☝️
Actually as I live in SE England I am unlikely to be able to identify it , unless it is the universal Rattus norvegicus.
It was just a joke, OB. Got to scatter a little levity sometimes - oops their I go again.... 'scuse the pun. Can't let the newbies think we are just a bunch of old poops just because we are gardeners.

Ask a Question