Weeds!

Reaction score
Ok guys I need some advice.

Last year my mother and I started to work on the front garden. Needless to say, it was FILLED with weeds. She placed black trash bags on part of the garden saying that it will help kill weeds. The garden area is actually quite large and we are going to start working on it again when Spring rolls around, we had to take a break because I had a baby and the weather got icky.

There MUST be an easier way to get rid of the weeds, or is this method really that effective?

Reaction score
In the spring before the weeds begin to grow I put down preen to kill any of the weed seeds or keep them from coming up. For the established weeds you can either spray round up or just pull them out. The nutgrass is the biggest PITA for me as it grows everywhere and there is lots of it. It is hard to spray when it grows up between other ground covers or perennials.

Reaction score
Wonderful! While the trash bag method may be somewhat effective, it does nothing for curb appeal. Can't wait till Spring so I can really work on making it beautiful!

Ask a Question