Veggie Canning

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I either freeze or can everything in the garden except squash and eggplant. Today it was speckeled butter beans. I freeze most of my fresh sweetcorn and can the rest as cream style corn. I pickle all of my cucumbers, some onions, peppers, beets and okra and freeze the rest.

Reaction score
You won't regret it, canned sweet corn is really yummy. When I'm feeling lazy, I eat it straight from a can, lol:) It's a great snack! It tastes really good with mayonnaise. Also, I always add it to pizza and to all pasta sauces.
Just thinking about it makes me hungry:)

Oh Claudine I feel the same way about sweet corn too. Have you ever add it to a salad or have it with sardines; it's just delicious!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Oh Claudine I feel the same way about sweet corn too. Have you ever add it to a salad or have it with sardines; it's just delicious!
I've never eaten sardines, I'm not a big fan of fish. But I'm sure that canned sweet corn would taste great with absolutely everything. I'm thinking about making myself a sweet corn sandwich:D

Reaction score
You won't regret it, canned sweet corn is really yummy. When I'm feeling lazy, I eat it straight from a can, lol:) It's a great snack! It tastes really good with mayonnaise. Also, I always add it to pizza and to all pasta sauces.
Just thinking about it makes me hungry:)
out of the can?! haha! I normally eat carrots right from the can. You eat your sweet corn with mayonnaise?and pasta sauces? so weird! The only pasta-ish thing I mix corn into is a hamburger hot dish.

Reaction score
I like to can baby onions, as well as chilies and sliced carrots. I love to can all sorts of things, there is a sauce known as ''salsa bruja'', I love to can my own:

saboresV-05-157790-salsa-de-brujas_2500_640x360_20747331687.jpg

A lot people don't get my liking of this strange sauce, at time I don't do it either, but I swear it tastes amazing with seafood ;)

I swear that is so gorgeous I would can it just to have it to sit on the counter!

Care to share the recipe?

Reaction score
Thank you, glad you found it visually appealing :) I'll post the recipe on the off topic section, don't worry I'll tag you there so you can take a look ;)

Ask a Question