Veggie Canning

Reaction score
I like to can baby onions, as well as chilies and sliced carrots. I love to can all sorts of things, there is a sauce known as ''salsa bruja'', I love to can my own:

saboresV-05-157790-salsa-de-brujas_2500_640x360_20747331687.jpg

A lot people don't get my liking of this strange sauce, at time I don't do it either, but I swear it tastes amazing with seafood ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Trellum, what is this sauce made of? It looks really weird, but I believe that it can be tasty:)
What I love the most is canned sweet corn. I eat it often. It tastes great with spaghetti, tomatoes and cheese.
I also like canned green peas.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I can pickled onions all of the time. My family loves to eat them on sandwiches. The fun part is that if you pickled red onions, your dilling solution and the onions themselves turn a really nice fushia pink color.

Reaction score
I like to can baby onions, as well as chilies and sliced carrots. I love to can all sorts of things, there is a sauce known as ''salsa bruja'', I love to can my own:

saboresV-05-157790-salsa-de-brujas_2500_640x360_20747331687.jpg

A lot people don't get my liking of this strange sauce, at time I don't do it either, but I swear it tastes amazing with seafood ;)
This looks so good and so colorful! Would you chop this up or mix this in like a stir fry when serving?

Reaction score
Trellum, what is this sauce made of? It looks really weird, but I believe that it can be tasty:)
What I love the most is canned sweet corn. I eat it often. It tastes great with spaghetti, tomatoes and cheese.
I also like canned green peas.
I'm sure I have heard of canning sweet corn but I have never done it. I normally just freeze my corn. Does it have more flavor canned?

Reaction score
I can pickled onions all of the time. My family loves to eat them on sandwiches. The fun part is that if you pickled red onions, your dilling solution and the onions themselves turn a really nice fushia pink color.
I bet that looks really nice. What would you use pickled onions for?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I'm sure I have heard of canning sweet corn but I have never done it. I normally just freeze my corn. Does it have more flavor canned?
In my opinion canned corn is a little sweeter than cooked one, but of course they're both delicious:D
I never tried to cann it by myself though, I always buy it at a store.

Reaction score
This looks so good and so colorful! Would you chop this up or mix this in like a stir fry when serving?

Hi, thanks! Well, normally we consume the liquid mostly, but also serve some of the veggies for an added plus! You can definitely add it to a stir fry if you like the taste, it really depends on personal taste, we like it with seafood the most ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Prettyinpink13- I use pickled onions for many things. My favorite though is just to put them on a cold lunchmeat sandwich with lots of lettuce.

Reaction score
In my opinion canned corn is a little sweeter than cooked one, but of course they're both delicious:D
I never tried to cann it by myself though, I always buy it at a store.
Oh ok. I definitely am going to try to can some sweet corn this year. It sounds soo good.

Reaction score
Hi, thanks! Well, normally we consume the liquid mostly, but also serve some of the veggies for an added plus! You can definitely add it to a stir fry if you like the taste, it really depends on personal taste, we like it with seafood the most ;)
Oh I didn't think you just used the juices, that's a good idea. I never thought of canning for the juice.

Reaction score
Prettyinpink13- I use pickled onions for many things. My favorite though is just to put them on a cold lunchmeat sandwich with lots of lettuce.
That sounds interesting! I am going to have A LOT of onions this year so I'm up for all sorts of ideas

Reaction score
Oh I didn't think you just used the juices, that's a good idea. I never thought of canning for the juice.

We use the veggies too, but not the herbs ;) That juice makes an excellent sauce, it's hard to believe it when you see that sauce, but believe me when I tell you it is (y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Oh ok. I definitely am going to try to can some sweet corn this year. It sounds soo good.
You won't regret it, canned sweet corn is really yummy. When I'm feeling lazy, I eat it straight from a can, lol:) It's a great snack! It tastes really good with mayonnaise. Also, I always add it to pizza and to all pasta sauces.
Just thinking about it makes me hungry:)

Ask a Question