UK leaving the EU

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
You mercenary superwoman, LOL! Greed is good! Who said that.. Stocks will go up and down...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
You mercenary superwoman, LOL! Greed is good! Who said that.. Stocks will go up and down...
Yep, I know they go up and down. It is all about keeping your cool. For now, moving some of my 401 into making 10% is a good thing. I will have to look at it again soon and shift back if needed.
And see, I said, some of it. We never put all our eggs in one basket.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
We never put all our eggs in one basket.

Even if they are pickled :D
Glad that someone agrees with me. Some people wanted to have another referendum, saying that those who voted out didn't know what they were doing.. Just how preposterous and patronising is that?! Italy and Greece.. All the small nations know full well that Germany will bail them out.. And the UK has been praised as model pupil i.e. paying all the subscriptions and respecting all the fines, regulations.. What does it say about the other nations? Last post on this .. Scared of being mired in ...

Good point :eek::D

politics-talking-discusses-hot_topic-american-talk-16433963_low.jpg

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
So true, Licenter.. Mustn't go there. Pros and cons for both sides.. It's people's sense of right and wrong. Trouble is there are a lot of people who haven't got that, but got guns..

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Pickled eggs are also called "Scotch eggs" I think. If so, you may want to stock up on them before the Scots vote to stay in the UK or leave and take their eggs with them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Yep, I know they go up and down. It is all about keeping your cool. For now, moving some of my 401 into making 10% is a good thing. I will have to look at it again soon and shift back if needed.
And see, I said, some of it. We never put all our eggs in one basket.

Wall Street is getting a little nervous about Trumps failings. A possible govt. shutdown may be in our future also.
If the losses hold and the Dow ends down, it would be an eighth-straight down day. That hasn't happened since 2011.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/03/27/investing/stocks-dow-losing-streak-trump-obamacare/index.html

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Pickled eggs are also called "Scotch eggs" I think. If so, you may want to stock up on them before the Scots vote to stay in the UK or leave and take their eggs with them.
These are Scotch Eggs, totally different.--- http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/...-eggs-with-lovely-scottish-cheese-and-pickle/

Pickled eggs are hard boiled eggs put in a huge jar with pickling juices, mostly beet pickled juice is used, so after a period the white of the egg absorbs the purple color, and its pretty when sliced. If made well, its actually quiet good.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United Kingdom
f242ac29587a4f8f9a57c12554121582.jpg
Pickled eggs sit on the bar next to the beer pumps in my local:) ......I'm going to dig in to a pickled egg next vist;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I miss Scotch eggs! (Did much of my growing up in the UK.)

Picked eggs are easy to make. I've made them with beets and as Esther says, they are really pretty!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
So many domestic goddesses on the forum.. Sadly, I'm not one.. The farthest I can stretch to is make bread with my Panny! Nothing compares to home-made foods..

Ask a Question