zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Well, the result is in and we're out.

It's going to have many implications and knock on effects, but one thing is for sure.

Without EU membership we can use soapy water to kill off aphids without the fear of prosecution :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
A monumental day for the UK. I haven't seen the final vote but earlier on it looked like it would be a close vote. As a bystander, i guess i felt a bit of pleasure knowing UK would preserve its own special personality. Mostly i hope it works out very well for all of you. Congratulations or condolences, as the case may be.:)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
After the dust settles and the financial panic ends, we will see if this was a good move for the UK. I sincerely hope it is since I have a very high regard for every person from the UK that I have met. From what I have read, it will take two years for the separation to take effect, and the separation is not irreversible.
Wishing all of Europe and its inhabitants peace, safety, and good lives.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I am happy for you. I just wish we had the spine to take our country back from all of those elitists a!!holes, thieves and downright crooks that run our government. And thanks for giving Obama the middle finger too for his threats against you on trade agreements.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Welp I have family in the UK (and spent a good bit of my early life living there, until age 21) and they are very divided on the leave/stay issue. I see valid points from both sides, but am not educated on it to really know whether this was the best decision.

Time will tell, I guess! I hope it was the wisest choice, in the long run.

This isn't a political forum so I shall leave my actual opinion and political jabs out of it. ;) (I also belong to a very politically-oriented forum; that's where I post my thoughts on such matters.
Rule, Britannia, though! Will of the people and all that. :)

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
It's going to be an "interesting" time, like Beth said, i'm not going into the politics of it all.

Just setting some beer traps for the slugs and daring the EU to arrest me for it while they still can :p

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
On a more serious note, I saw what the EU has done to its own citizens, (the people of Greece); I saw what it has done to parliamentary democracy, (Greece and Italy) and that, coupled with my contempt for the establishment of UK and EU, who wanted us to "Remain", motivated me to vote "Leave".
I celebrated last night.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Apart from Germany, we pay the biggest cheque to the EU and that's why they want us to stay - to foot the bill. People don't know that the EU gravy train is obscene .. and they work very slowly .. My friend who's a bilingual secretary told me that a letter would take more than a year to come back... and she took home much more money than on paper .. and she's only a mere secretary..

Most important of all, we should have our final say ..

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Germany doesn't want us to leave as they know they'll be the ones bailing Italy out when their banks crash, which is not far off now :eek:

They already have enough bank paper ready to re print the Deuchmark, they placed a huge order with the De la rue factory in Scotland a few years back.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Glad that someone agrees with me. Some people wanted to have another referendum, saying that those who voted out didn't know what they were doing.. Just how preposterous and patronising is that?! Italy and Greece.. All the small nations know full well that Germany will bail them out.. And the UK has been praised as model pupil i.e. paying all the subscriptions and respecting all the fines, regulations.. What does it say about the other nations? Last post on this .. Scared of being mired in ...

Ask a Question